- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:04 PM

Default G3X

Can anybody give me step by step on how to dim my 2 screen G3x panels for night operation? Thanks
Old 11-24-2020, 03:26 PM

From the primary flight display: Menu > Menu > Backlight Intensity. Selections are for Manual (pilot selected), Light Bus (panel mount rheostat), or Photo Cell (located on front of the display).

My guess is if the G3XT screens are very bright, they are set to manual. Most customers find that using the photo cell provides a good lighting result in all lighting conditions.

Best Regards,

Brad
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:27 PM

If I remember correctly, it's either Menu 2x, and look for "screen brightness adjustment"

Or "Menu" key, scroll down and see the brightness adjustment.

Ah...

quick google search...

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/71...h.html?page=41
Old 11-24-2020, 09:50 PM

Default Minimum brightness

If you set it to photocell your going to also want to set the minimum brightness level. If you do not it will automatically turn the level down too far. I just did this recently but I can not remember what I had to set the minimum brightness to. You’ll have to play with it to find what it need to be.
Web site: http://www.newtech.com/bobbyhester/RVSite.htm
Dec. 2020 VAF donator - alot better than any magazine subscription
Old 11-25-2020, 08:36 AM

Default G3X Touch Display Lighting

Good Morning,

Press and hold the MENU key while powering the system up. Touch Backlight to access the display backlight settings. There are a few settings that will be of interest here in this case.

Backlight Input Source – Can be set to Manual, Photocell, or Lighting Bus. If set to manual, the backlight intensity (display brightness) can be set from 0-100%.

Default Input – Can be set to Manual, Photocell, or Lighting Bus. This controls the backlight mode that will be active each time the system is powered on.

If you choose to use the photocell input, review these settings as well:

Photocell Brightness–Sets the minimum and maximum brightness of the display backlight based on the photocell output.

Photocell Time Constant–Adjusts the speed (in seconds), that the brightness level responds to changes in the photocell output.

The Photocell brightness is an important setting to doublecheck. With Current Input set to Manual, adjust the brightness of the display to the lowest brightness level you feel comfortable with in bright lighting conditions. Program that value for the Light Sensor Brightness minimum constraint.

Here is a link to the latest revision of the G3X Touch Installation Manual. All of this information can be found on page 35-127.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Justin
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.