What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 manual in PDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

idleup

Well Known Member
Is there an electronic version of the assembly instructions (not the plans, just the assembly chapters of the preview plans) in PDF or other electronic version? I want to search for parts and where they are specified in the order of assembly. For instance, I have reached the end of the fuse section and never ran acrossed F-982 and want to know where it is in the assembly instructions. Currently, I can find out what plans page they are on, but that doesnt help me know where they occur in the order of operations...

- Matt

Yup... got it on a stick, a perfect carry along item in the glove box to include the plans7.pdf and parts list. :)

Last edited:
I can probably scan mine... we have a high speed scanner at work. I'll see what I can do Monday. You'll just have to excuse some of my writing. :)

What are the thoughts on copyright?

I have the files for my own use but I paid for the preview plans.

Hmm...I suppose I would not have problem sending the files to those in the same position.

Last edited:
I can't offer a legal opinion, but I would certainly have no *moral* issue with giving a 'soft copy' to another paying builder.

If it would help ease your misgivings, I've begged Van's staff for a searchable copy of the parts list, and they (after denying any ability to use a computer to do what I asked) told me that there were Builder-created computer versions of the parts list stored on VAF. They obviously had no problem with the files' existence in the wild; they just didn't want to be bothered with dealing with the issue at Van's.

If I'd had a searchable parts list, I could have cut my total build time by at least 30% (maybe more).

Charlie

Please Don't

I would prefer folks not promote sharing electronic copies of plans using my site. It's not so much a copyright issue as it is a version control issue. What will most likely happen is some unsuspecting customer who is using out-of-date plans (because they are handy in electronic form) will find out too late that something has changed. I would like to avoid that.
Thanks,
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back