What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

(I Think) My engine is louder than yours

patterson

Well Known Member
Patron
I have a new engine and exhaust and I swear it is way louder than my previous engine. I'm looking for your recommendation of the best headset for general noise cancelling/reduction. My David Clarke aren't good enough.
Thanks

Just a thought...I initially had my exhaust tips too close to the ramp and the exhaust was loud. I aimed them slightly lower and it made a big difference. I really like my ANR Lightspeed headsets. Excellent service plus a trade-in offer that makes upgrading reasonable.

Jim

Halo Headsets

I love the Halo headset! Very quiet light and comfortable ( no head clamping). Used them for 8 hour flying days and they were still comfortable. Mean wear any glasses you want without breaking the seal for the active ANRs and can use any hat.

Three other friends have bought them after seeing mine and love them. You can buy 2 for the price of a Bose, or Zulu and have lots of change left over.

$359 and 30 day money back guarantee! Give them a try:)

PIREPS on my -4

I have an RV-4 with an O320H2AD and Vetterman 4 pipe "Harley exhaust". I have all 4 tips turned inward about 15 degrees. I have Halos front and rear, and cockpit noise is minimal...to me, there is no substitute for the Halos, and my BIB agrees. I have been told by many (on the ground)we are one of the loudest strongest sounding RV's around and I have been asked several times if I'm running a six cylinder...Love the pipes, and the Halo's.

I've owned and tried both Bose and Lightspeed.
Only the Halos really attenuated the sound enough to hear ATC properly.

Back