Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 02-03-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
The taxes are something I will still need to figure out. If picked up at the factory, Vanís does not charge the sales tax. So, exactly when the State takes itís pound of flesh is still something I need to work out.
You will need to pay the taxes and there is a form for it but I don't recall the form number.

Otherwise, the State tax board will bill you later and there might be some penalty involved. This is what I got for my last kit and it was more due to lack of knowledge on my part about used tax in CA then wanting to skip it.

Anything purchased on-line is subject to used-tax.
Dues paid
Old 02-03-2021, 03:41 PM

Ask your tax adviser. Your tax is due on the year of the purchase. Keep good records throughout your build. Once the finished aircraft shows up on the county records, you will be asked again for proof of tax payment on all purchases of the aircraft parts.

Then you will be taxed each year for 1% of the value (they figure that) of your aircraft. So if you are proud of your $120,000.00 RV, it will cost you $1,200.00 for the year.
VAF #897 Warren Moretti
2020 =VAF= Dues PAID
Old 02-04-2021, 10:26 AM

Pay the taxes up front and get it over with. Been penalized and it isn't fun dealing with it. I have had to pay taxes a second time on some stuff when it wasn't spelled out on the paperwork.
As for the crating or not. I had mine crated and yes picked it up at the factory as I only live an hour away. But everything was in a box as I hauled it home.
Now, I did but the whole slow build kit and caboodle start to finish at one time.
Small cost for the convenience of being in boxes and handling.
Art
Old 02-04-2021, 10:39 AM

Vans shipped my tail kit and it doesn't appear they charged tax. Is that state dependent? Am I going to have to pay tax on it when I register?
Old 02-04-2021, 11:29 AM

Does your state charge Use/sales tax????? Then you are responsible to pay it.
And yes they will find out when you register your plane. You get to pay current sales tax rates and fees per year on how much you didn't pay on.
It's a real pain in that private place.
Oh I live in Washington were the rate is 8.4%. Not fun but that's life sometimes
I'd hate to live in California where I am sure it is much higher
Art
Old 02-04-2021, 12:56 PM

Default crating

I'm fortunate enough to live near Van's. I didn't realize that not having items crated was even an option until I ordered my quickbuild wings.
Old 02-11-2021, 12:23 AM

I will have my QB wings and fuselage picked up by Stewart Transport. They have a special truck to transport plane parts. It saves crating and they charge less than the total of crating and conventional shipping. My contact was todd@stewarttransport.com.
I do have a notice from Vans that all QB deliveries are on hold until an unknown "issue" is resolved.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewumnrr View Post
I will have my QB wings and fuselage picked up by Stewart Transport. They have a special truck to transport plane parts. It saves crating and they charge less than the total of crating and conventional shipping. My contact was todd@stewarttransport.com.
I do have a notice from Vans that all QB deliveries are on hold until an unknown "issue" is resolved.
I had Stewart transport my QB kits to me. They were awesome!
RV10 - #41687
http://adamsrv10.wordpress.com
N56AB Reserved