What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax 912 ULS and octane booster additives

lvpazik

Since I purchase "premium" 91 octane auto fuel and use it instead of avgas as often as possible, anyone ever add either an Octane booster product and/or products that claim to both help stabilize the fuel and prevent ethanol damage? I don't want to add anything without some feedback. Mogas is almost impossible to find and I know using Avgas adds alot of lead to the system. Looking for some advice from this great users forum.

Randy---cant speak for the other rubber parts in the fuel system, but if you have teflon hoses, they are not affected by octane boosters. Rubber hoses are a different story.
Tom

Since I purchase "premium" 91 octane auto fuel and use it instead of avgas as often as possible, anyone ever add either an Octane booster product and/or products that claim to both help stabilize the fuel and prevent ethanol damage? I don't want to add anything without some feedback. Mogas is almost impossible to find and I know using Avgas adds alot of lead to the system. Looking for some advice from this great users forum.

When using 100LL I add Decalin, which is supposed to help precipitate the lead and throw it out the tailpipe.

Back