What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wings on hold

Tailpilot

Well..... I received my wing kit and the next day our house sold. Perfect timing. The good news, we are building on an airpark. Bad news it's going to be awhile. Hopefully I can get a t-hangar to continue the build. :eek:

No Garage?

Wings can be made easily in a garage on the jigs and when finished hung on a stand or a wall.

GO FOR IT! I found the wings to be easier than the fuselage. :)

I built my wings in my garage, build a wing stand on rollers and it's easy.

I get the impression the OP is saying he no longer has a house and garage; and does not yet have a new house, garage or hangar. That is why the wings are on hold.

I get the impression the OP is saying he no longer has a house and garage; and does not yet have a new house, garage or hangar. That is why the wings are on hold.

Exactly;). I'm getting closer to a t hangar. Should be back building soon I hope. After the move I'll at least start working on the ribs. This down time is killing me.

Debur

There is a lot of deburring to be done, also fluting and squaring the flanges of the ribs. Maybe you could get a jump on that. It will sure make things go faster later when you have the room to construct the wings.

Hang in there, "Tailpilot"......It does take the wind out of your sail to move your project, but take your time, and make it a safe move. I just moved my project from Kansas to Alaska one year ago this coming May. It seemed like forever, til I was reorganized and back to "time in the man cave". Good luck.

Thanks all.

It will all be good. I'll get the wing ribs deburring done, flange straightend and fluted. That should buy me some time.

Back