2 nights ago I glued the 2 half together by placing a single layer of carbon on the inside seam. I covered it up with peel ply and let it dry for 24 hrs since I did not have the heater.
The inside looks like this after peeling the peel-ply.
Tonight I cut the flanges off and sanded them flush. After that was accomplished, i placed a 1 inch wide strip of carbon fiber on the seam and covered it with peel ply. I was going to use 2 layer on the outside but with one layer on the inside, it was very rigid already. 2 layers would have been a little over done.
The fiberglass intake you see on the background is the old one that came off Dave Anders' mold. It was used during the Reno air races and did not have an air filter.