What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GTX 33...is it an ES ???

propflipper

Is there a way to determine if a GTX 33 is an ES without powering it up? If you pop the top off is there a component inside that reveals the ES upgrade ?

Thank you,
Tom

RV-4 emp,wings, fuse done.

Is there a way to determine if a GTX 33 is an ES without powering it up? If you pop the top off is there a component inside that reveals the ES upgrade ?

Thank you,
Tom

RV-4 emp,wings, fuse done.

Its all based on the part number. What number do you have

Hi Justin

I'm jumping on Tom's thread concerning GTX33es upgrade.

I'm flying Experimental in Europe (where ADS-B mandate does not exit yet) but I did planned ahead and installed a GTX 33es using it as a Mode S only in my airplane.

For different reasons, time as now come to go the ADS-B route and I want to connect the GTX 33es with a WAAS GPS (a GPS 20A - and yes, I know I have to modify the CAN BUS...)

Before doing that, I read in the GTX 33es manual that different software versions exist for different models. I have the same P/N as Tom's ( 011-00779-30 ) and my understanding is the unit's need to be at Software update 7.02 or greater to meet ADSB mandate.

I'll be coming to OSH this summer (or at least my father will) and I wanted to know if you still offer software update for this equipment ?

Best Regards
JPV

Back