-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:59 AM

I'm itching to build again and am really considering an 8. I haven't pulled the trigger, mainly just goin through mental planning exercises. Having AC in my 10, I was brainstorming around the idea of putting AC in an 8.

Similar to what others posted a removable system that really just gives you a cool shot in the face is all I would be looking for. Something to take that edge off... not having an 8 maybe opening the canopy a bit does that.
http://operationrv10.blogspot.com/
Old 01-09-2021, 02:10 AM

Give Will a call at airflow-systems he does a/c

https://www.airflow-systems.com/cate...-conditioning/
Old 01-13-2021, 01:50 AM

Doesn't seem to be an RV8 option yet but hopefully in the future (by the time I finish this build in seven years time I imagine there will be lol)!

Thanks for the link RB8gibbo, looks like I'm a little bit south of you in Sydney
Old 01-13-2021, 09:57 AM

Default Don't go to prison!

A/C in an 8? The future is liquid cooling garments not something that draws engine power. I imagine by the time you've got your airplane ready to fly, the technology will have advanced even more and it will be like wearing a light wind breaker now. Plus - you'll probably go to prison when you get caught trying to buy freon off the black market in 7 years.

This study by Kansas State University may be of some value: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/microsites/l...McCullough.pdf

Look forward, lean forward, fall forward

Last edited by Anon455 : 01-13-2021 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon455 View Post
A/C in an 8? The future is liquid cooling garments not something that draws engine power. I imagine by the time you've got your airplane ready to fly, the technology will have advanced even more and it will be like wearing a light wind breaker now. Plus - you'll probably go to prison when you get caught trying to buy freon off the black market in 7 years.

This study by Kansas State University may be of some value: https://www.lboro.ac.uk/microsites/l...McCullough.pdf

Look forward, lean forward, fall forward
Put it into the seats so we don't have to wear it then maybe.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkervaski View Post
Don't forget that ACs in RVs still take a while to cool the cabin ... so you're still going to have a sweaty wifey unless you get in, crank it up, cool it down, shut it down, get the wifey loaded, start it up and go
If it's an electrically powered system, set up some sort of ground power system capable of pre-cooling the cabin. Plug it in, cool the cabin down. Then unplug, start up, and go.
Fuselage at the "porcupine stage"
Dash 8 day job is financing the RV8
Donation till September 2022