What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Autopilot Default Settings

Conure

I'm New Here
Hello all,
How are Van's RV-12 Dynon Autopilot default setting created, are they from the factory's RV-12? The reason I ask is that I just updated the firmware to v15.4.7 and the Van's setting are quite different from the previous owners settings. Which one should I start the autopilot setup procedure with? Just curious since I'm I this point in setting up the Skyview. Also I haven't flown with the previous owners Autopilot settings so I don't know how well they work.
Thanks,
Peter D

Hello all,
How are Van's RV-12 Dynon Autopilot default setting created, are they from the factory's RV-12? The reason I ask is that I just updated the firmware to v15.4.7 and the Van's setting are quite different from the previous owners settings. Which one should I start the autopilot setup procedure with? Just curious since I'm I this point in setting up the Skyview. Also I haven't flown with the previous owners Autopilot settings so I don't know how well they work.
Thanks,
Peter D
Dynon publishes an Autopilot Tuning Guide.
Towards the back of the guide, there are default settings which new owners can start out with. I used that as a beginning point . . . then used the tuning guide to refine my settings. YMMV.

Thanks,
Yes I have printed out the autopilot guide and will use that to setup the autopilot.
The defaults settings in the guide are for all aircraft, right?. The Pre-Sets from Van's must have come from a RV-12 setup, correct? This is most likely a Van's question, I'm just curious. I will start my autopilot setup with the Van's Pre-Sets that came with the firmware update, v15.4,7.
Peter D

Thanks,
Yes I have printed out the autopilot guide and will use that to setup the autopilot.
The defaults settings in the guide are for all aircraft, right?. The Pre-Sets from Van's must have come from a RV-12 setup, correct? This is most likely a Van's question, I'm just curious. I will start my autopilot setup with the Van's Pre-Sets that came with the firmware update, v15.4,7.
Peter D
In addition, I would give Vans a call and find out the "sensitivity" and "gain' settings for a typical RV-12 airplane. Then, follow the Dynon Installation Guide to input those settings.

Note:
Sensitivity = Correction Accuracy
Gain = Aggressiveness

Back