What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying an ADS-b shape

pa38112

Well Known Member
For those of you who have flown a shape that can be seen in ADS-b: What are you using to flight plan? Is it a matter of picking a ton of waypoints, or is there a way to draw a flight plan in Garmin or Foreflight? I want to go do my Wife's initials with a heart around them. It seems like a difficult process with just waypoints.

I use ForeFlight and once I have a flight plan defined between two different waypoints, I can tap and drag the course line to insert waypoints in whatever pattern I choose. I can bluetooth that flight plan into my G3X Touch and GTN-650, then the autopilot should be able to fly it if the turns aren't too aggressive.

HTH

Dave

Last edited:
snoopy in the sky

I made a flight plan in Foreflight and flew that. Worked great.

Attachments

• Flightaware Puppy May 2 2021.jpg
    Flightaware Puppy May 2 2021.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 158
For those of you who have flown a shape that can be seen in ADS-b: What are you using to flight plan? Is it a matter of picking a ton of waypoints, or is there a way to draw a flight plan in Garmin or Foreflight? I want to go do my Wife's initials with a heart around them. It seems like a difficult process with just waypoints.

Just fly around for 15-20 min with a few turns. Nothing fancy.

I've always wanted to fly a shape, might have to do it for my daughter's bday. Maybe I can get her initials in a heart.... Going to experiment on the next flight to see how hard it is.

Back