What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero Designs

Jamie Aust

Well Known Member
My Review of the CA-1 cloth seats and carpet from Classic Aero Design.
(Sedona/Dove, Sedona/Graphite) Stock cloth seats.

Lets start with the front carpet. ( top )

p4152407custom.jpg

This is the heaviest piece at 1.850 kg

Here is the under side of the front carpet.

p4152408custom.jpg

Now the rear carpet. 0.930 kg

p4152406custom.jpg

Both carpets look great.

Here are a few pictures of the CA-1 seats and stick boot.

p4152409custom.jpg

p4152410custom.jpg

p4152411custom.jpg

p4152414custom.jpg

The seat bottom is 0.518 kg and the seat Back is 0.784 kg

lastly the stick boots

p4152413custom.jpg

p4152412custom.jpg

They are 0.149 kg each.

I have not put them in the plane as yet for fitting, because the plane is still getting painted.
I think I have saved a lot in weight over the leather option. I can always put other covers over the top if the cloth gets damaged, ie sheep skins.
Everything looks great, the stitching is very neat on both seats and carpet.
I would recommend these to anyone. I have seen some home made seats, and all of them look home made ! That is not the sort of interior that I am after. Well done luke & Jeremiah at Classic Aero.

Last edited:
To help them keep their looks .........we tuck some folded "color" coordinated hand towels on our Classic Aero seats.......to save them from being stepped on.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Weights???

You got your weights wrong! the stick boots are as heavy as the complete seat backs???

And you did not order the rear- and side pannels? Shame on you!

Regards, Tonny.

You got your weights wrong! the stick boots are as heavy as the complete seat backs???

And you did not order the rear- and side pannels? Shame on you!

Regards, Tonny.

Thanks Tonny, I have fixed the weight error for you...:eek:
" no side panels " thats because a " New style " will be released soon. I have been on the list for the first batch since October last year.
*NOTE* if you are going to get these, you will find a lead time of around 14 weeks.

Have you been able to use the CA-1's yet? I'm trying to decide between the CA-1's and the Sportman seats..

Hi jeff,

i have not done any flying in them yet, should be able to give you better feedback in a few weeks time :)

Just an update.
I have been flying in the seats for some time now, and they are great ! :)
I think that I might need to get a booster seat to get me just a little higher and see over the top cowl.
The noise level was very high in the 7, until I installed the front carpet. Wow that is much better. I also had to make a small cut in the carpet so I could run the manual trim cable through it.
I was able to get the correct location for the cut by putting the tunnel cover under the carpet. (I had already made the hole in the tunnel cover) This was all done outside of the plane.
The only problem I have is my leg rubs up on the fuel selector bracket. I need to put some padding here.

I give two thumbs up for the CA1 seats and carpet !

Back