Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recapen View Post
Jaws,
Let us know how the reinstall and functionality checkout go!
The rest of us are interested in what functionality was added / promised but still missing.

Thanks!
Will do.
Larry
Old 08-09-2017, 08:28 AM

Default EXP Firmware updates

There are (potentially) two ways to update an EXP unit: Windows PC or Apple iOS app. Bill (Moffitt) has not yet made the new firmware available or supplied me with a revision history document. I do not know when this will happen.

If you have a PC laptop and can run it at your plane you should be able to download (free) the Console app to do the firmware update from navworx.com. If you prefer using an iPhone or iPad, you can download the ADS600EXP Config App from the App Store for $0.99. Bill had me charge a buck for it to discourage accidental downloads.

NOTE for iOS/Apple users:
When Apple released iOS 10 they broke support for WiFi connection with certain internet IP subnets. There was nothing wrong, technically, with this subnet but Apple seems to think otherwise and interprets it as "no connection". This is probably greek to some readers... so keep reading.

Due to the early (pre 5.7.x) firmware using the WiFi subnet that Apple does not like, the app will not update the EXP unit from < 5.7 firmware unless you are using an iPhone or iPad that has iOS 9 on it. Your choices are to use the PC console one time to get to at least 5.7, or to borrow an older iPhone (4S or 5) or older iPad that is still running ios 9.

I have a few iOS 9 iPhones lying around and plan to make these available when the navworx update firmware comes out. I'm willing to mail these to conveniently located EAA chapters or friendly VAF'ers so planes can make a short hop to centrally located airports and update. A mail-forward of the devices may work too. I'm trying to leave this up to Dallas Avionics to stage manage when the time comes but I suspect I'll be helping to organize it.

The app will usually let you listen to the EXP unit and see the current firmware version number. This will help you determine if you need to go the PC route or find an orphan Apple device on which to run the app.

Hope this helps clarify the upgrade mechanism for the -EXP units.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:36 AM

Default FYI some AMOCs approved

Please see:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...142967&page=66

More coming as it happens.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:30 PM

Default Navworx GPS Module

Anticipated ship date for the GPS module was 8/15

Has anyone received the unit from Dallas Avionics?

Don B
Old 08-21-2017, 03:18 PM

Don,
The expected software release date was also published as 8/17.
No software yet either.

My understanding is that Bill and the NavWorx team had to get AMOC's for their hardware and software changes - and they're not willing to ship until they have full approval from the FAA to prevent a repeat.

There are a number of 'other' AMOCs and AMOC amendments in the pipeline as well!

Someone else can verify this.....
Old 08-21-2017, 04:00 PM

Thanks Ralph
Old 08-21-2017, 04:06 PM

The FAA formally announced that the ADS-600B with one of our AMOCs is eligible for a rebate.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:43 PM

FAA ADS-B APPROVED LIST.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:11 PM

Location: Bay Pines, FL, building in Andrews, NC (new base @ KRHP)

Just received a FAA Safety email.

FAA Safety Team | Safer Skies Through Education
It’s not too late to reserve your ADS-B Rebate! NavWorx avionics now eligible!
Notice Number: NOTC7328

Attention pilots and aircraft owners: The ADS-B Rebate Program will now allow aircraft owners with NavWorx ADS600-B avionics, part numbers 200-0012/0013, to apply for a rebate.

To be eligible, rebate applicants who purchased and installed these NavWorx units after September 19, 2016 must comply with section (e)(1)(iv) of the recent Airworthiness Directive (AD 2017-11-11), or use an FAA-approved Alternative Method of Compliance.

The FAA is offering a $500 rebate for new ADS-B installations in fixed-wing, single-engine piston aircraft. The last day to make a rebate reservation is September 18, 2017, if reservations are still available. Once the reservation is established, you will still have up to 150 days to complete the remaining steps in the process.

Are you eligible for a rebate? Please visit faa.gov/go/rebate/ for details.

Questions? For questions about the ADS-B rebate program, please contact ADSBRebateHelp@faa.gov.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:57 PM

Default EXP Software

I have been watching the NAVWORX site for the promised EXP Version 6.0.0 and 7.0.0 software and haven't seen it. Would like to purchase the EXP GPS fix but wanted to see that the software promised 8/15 is available first.

Next question, has the FAA approved the use of the new GPS and version 7.0.0 software as a remedy for the AD?

Thanks,

Ron
RANS S-6ES N75798
Taylorcraft L-2 N55049