What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Tape Removal

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Gents

The flap tape on my Rv-4's wing has turned a yellowish color and it is starting to peeled off and I was wondering if you guys know of a good way to remove the tape residue once all the tape has been pulled off??

Thanks

Bruno

P.s: I will also check the archives ..:)

Tape

Did you do anything special to get the tape off? Mine is also yellowed but I don't like the idea of trying to get it off and the same concerns you are dealing with. Did you use a heat gun on it first or did it come off easily?

Jim

Heat gun to remove the tape, then goo gone to remove the adhesive residue. Have done it many times.

3M 08984

That's what it is designed for. Will not harm cured paint. Just apply and let soak a few minutes and then use plastic sqeegie and slide off adhesive. May need to reapply on the tough spots.

FLAP TAPE

Hi Gents

JIM: No I haven't done anything yet except pulling off the pieces that are breaking off..

I will try the heat gun trick first and see how it goes and if it doesn't work I will try the 3M 08894 if I can find some around here..

I should do that next week..I will report back the results..

Thanks everyone

Bruno

Back