What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel prices to OSH

RV10Man

Well Known Member
I live in OKC & drive to OSH pulling a 5th wheel camper & get about 200 miles on a tank of gas.

I'd like to see if there's a way, to communicate best fuel prices while on the road. We leave OKC, go thru Tulsa, then on to St. Louis, get on I-55 North....& so on.

Would it be possible to have "links" in the areas along routes to contact & ask direction for the nearest/cheapest gas?

This might do more good than saying to boycott certain oil companies.

What do you think?

Marshall Alexander
RV10
N781DM

It's against the law to drive to OSH and leave an RV-10 in the hanger at home.

I would agree. However, the last time I saw the 10, it didn't have wings attached. It be pretty hard to trailer the 10 all the way to OSH.;)

Keep up the good work Marshall.

-Chase

I would agree. However, the last time I saw the 10, it didn't have wings attached. It be pretty hard to trailer the 10 all the way to OSH.;)

-Chase

Yeah, especially with the 5th wheel too.:)
Ahh well, you know this was kind of a dumb post. Since I haven't done the CB thing in so many years, I completely forgot about using it. It may be a way to go.

Marshall

-Chase

thats no excuse!! Leave the 5th wheel at home and sleep in the 10!!! :D :D

cheap fuel

take 44 to the Lake of the ozarks and then 54 up catch 27 and go up through Dubque Iowa. Iowa and Missouri always have cheaper fuel than Ill.

re:Missouri

take 44 to the Lake of the ozarks and then 54 up catch 27 and go up through Dubque Iowa. Iowa and Missouri always have cheaper fuel than Ill.

I noticed Missouri was cheaper than OK last weekend when we went to Branson.

Doesn't seem to make much sense, especiall when when make it here in OK.:mad:

Marshall

Unfortunately with only 200 miles range you don't have much of a chance to pick good prices over bad!! If you hit a great price at 100 miles into the tank are you really going to stop every 70 minutes?? Save 20 cents on 20 gallons and it's only 4 bucks for an extra 10-15 minute stop.

It's only money!:D

Drive on

In all seriousness, if you drove a Prius/Jeta Diesel/Aveo/pick one and then rented a house or just camped in a 3 room luxury tent what the price deltas would be. Probably don't want to dwell on it.

I plan to fly in in the -4, with a friend, so will have to bring a tooth brush and a small tent, little else. Maybe underware if we can make weight!!:D

cheers

Back