What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A/P aileron trim spring mounting brackets

Jskyking

Well Known Member
As depicted, the edge of the spring mounting brackets are 6” laterally from the center of the servo control arm.

Is there a vertical measure relative to the torque tube in which to drill the
“ bracket centers “ on the torque tube to accommodate the spring mounting brackets.

Maybe center of the torque tube is the answer..........

attachment.php

Attachments

• 3C6846D7-E172-4D10-AB52-818BB18E6F9A.jpg
    3C6846D7-E172-4D10-AB52-818BB18E6F9A.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 240
Center for me

I went to the center for both of mine. That said, the tube can be rotated a bit if needed by backing off the jam nuts then re-tighten after the rotation.

On center line of tube

Same as Bgill,

look again at the instruction diagram - the orange dimension marks you indicated are on the center line of the push rod tube.

Yep, I saw that. I presume that your install used the rod end bearings as a reference point and established a centerline on the torque tube based on reference line between the two bearings though one is mounted horizontal on the spar end ( inboard) and the other mounted vertical in the aileron bellcrank mounted mid- wing ?

Thanks
Jt

For my RV10 the wings were on frame so I was under the wing. Not as much fun - but doable. For my RV14A the wings were in cradle with everything installed. Then marked the tube and installed the ears. In both instances, everything was set in position. At that point - I just eyeballed the center of the tube.

I suspect that the springs have a margin of error, though I want to avoid interference like another builder on another thread had mentioned.

Back