What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Adventure begins - RV-14A Empennage Ordered

JB123

I'm New Here
After many years pondering, I finally decided to build an RV14A. Completed a demo flight with Zack back during 2019, it was awesome. So now the adventure begins.
Jim

Hi James,
Congratulations !
I too am waiting for the first consignment to arrive at my door step this August. Lead time is about 5 months, as mentioned in the Van's order. In the mean time planning to put together a tool kit from Isham Inc. and a few local set ups for a work place in my garage for the long haul.
Hope you too are enjoying the planning process for this endeavour.
Cheers
Sreekumar V Nair

After many years pondering, I finally decided to build an RV14A. Completed a demo flight with Zack back during 2019, it was awesome. So now the adventure begins.
Jim

Congrats on taking the leap! I did the same a few months ago, and after some time spent acquiring tools, organizing my work space, and building work tables & so forth, my build is at last underway. Every page has indeed been an adventure, with new techniques to learn and unfamiliar tools to practice with.

It's loads of fun :D

Congratulations! I'm with you as well. Ordered the empennage back in March! I've heard from several folks that it's probably a good idea to go ahead and order the wing kit as well, ASAP since the empennage usually goes together fairly quickly and you wouldn't want to break the stride!

Back