What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finish kit/ fwf kit questions ????

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
I am ordering my fwf and finish kits for summer fall work, and am looking for some advice. I will be going aerosport io320, catto three blade fp, and just day night vfr. Anyone with any experience tell me what upgrade or options to include or delete from the stock vans kits?
I have been told I need the io360 bottow cowl. I just dont know what else, especially in the fwf kit i should delete or upgrade. Just hoping someone with a little more knowledge can make a suggestion so i dont end up having to sell a bunch of stuff or wishing i had paid a few extra dollars for a much better upgrade (like the fuel selector!)

Thanks for any help.

You will need the fuel pump (big $$$) and some type of filter. Neither are included in the two kits you are ordering.

How about a parking brake? (If you want one, some don't.)

From Aircraft Spruce I would order a bunch of different size Adel clamps. You will find a lot of uses for these in the FwF installation.

Also order your fiberglass supplies, you will need those, if you don't already have them.

Good luck!

Delete these for fuel injection:

VA-149-320-PC KIT (THRTLE/MIX BRCKT/320)
VA-161 (GASCOLATOR DOUBLER)
GAS-5 (GASCOLATOR 117 MICRON)
Probably this too:
PT-035X1/4X12 (FUEL OVERFLOW TUBE)

Add a different throttle/mixture bracket depending on the type of injection.

One of the two CT A-740 cables may be for carb heat. Hopefully another forumer can confirm that.

Where is you mixture control

Mine was on the left side of the TB not the back. If yours is the same don't get Vans mixture cable. I had to order a longer one from Spurce.

I also didn't end up using the wiring harness. YMMV

Kent

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I am surprised vans doesnt list a firewall forward kit for the io320, nor do they even sell the engine? Odd isnt it, since most folks seem to say if you can swing the extra few bucks it is well worth it? Anyway, i really appreciate the help on the order...so much to research a little help really helps.

Happy flying.

Back