What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slow Build Fuse question

AltonD

Well Known Member
I need to fabricate the F-728B and F-729B angles that are 35.5" and 24 5/32" respectively.

The question is "Which angle stock to use?"

I have two 12 ft AA6-063X3/4X3/4 sections. I sure don't want to cut these if they are needed full length some place else.

Can I cut one of these 12" lengths?

Yes this angle will be cut up to make the numerous pieces used in the fuselage. There are no very long pieces of AA6-063 in the fuselage.

Thanks. I have been looking hard at the plans and could not find anything as well. It made me feel better to ask.

and, fyi, I would have come up way short on .063 3/4x3/4 angle if I hadn't purchased a bunch of extra. I ordered a few 6' sticks of angle and some half sheets of aluminum in various sizes with my fuselage and finish kits. I'm glad I did.

How would a first time builder know this?

scard said:
and, fyi, I would have come up way short on .063 3/4x3/4 angle if I hadn't purchased a bunch of extra. I ordered a few 6' sticks of angle and some half sheets of aluminum in various sizes with my fuselage and finish kits. I'm glad I did.
Scott,
I would never have imagined that extra materials would be necessary at any step of the way since nothing extra has been necessary to this point and I am nearly finished with the wings. Were you given a heads up first? Why would one zero in on the items you mention above?
This is pure curiosity and not meant to be critical at all.

-Mike

There should me no need to buy extra angle unless you screw something up. The kit contains plenty.

mlw450802 said:
Scott,
I would never have imagined that extra materials would be necessary at any step of the way since nothing extra has been necessary to this point and I am nearly finished with the wings. Were you given a heads up first? Why would one zero in on the items you mention above?
This is pure curiosity and not meant to be critical at all.

-Mike
Yeah, sorry, I should have elaborated. Very much due to small screwups and/or fabricating little brackets for stuff. I don't think you can ever have too much .063 3/4x3/4 in the shop. It comes in real handy for household projects too :).

TTT

Lemme tells ya...

I am at this point right now and this thread saved me a ton of time pouring over the plans!

Thanks Alton and All!

:) CJ

Back