What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A ride at Sun n Fun?

Ed_Wischmeyer

Well Known Member
The good news is that all of the insurance checkout requirements have been waived for me to fly the -9A I'm buying, but that doesn't mean that I can hop right in and fly as safely as I'd like. It's been a while since I've flown a -9A, and most all of that was right seat time.

So I'd love to get some -9A exposure at Sun n Fun, or before or after (I live right next to the Savannah airport), and if you can help me, please send me a personal message.

Thanks!

Ed

RV-9A

Ed,
Since your signature has a RV-8 and RV-4 in your past, just curious about your choice for the RV-9a. I'm doing something similar but I'd like to hear your perspective as to what is it about the -9a that has your interest over the -8 and -4.
Thanks,
cj

Why an RV-9A?
* Supposedly best handling RV for X-C
* Tricycle gear is **far** better visibility on the ground
* Tricycle gear is forgiving in a gusty crosswind on a bad hair day on a long X-C
* More panel space so I can use it for IFR practice (since my immaculate straight-tail Cessna finally sold)
* I found one with very usable avionics (G3X touch, GTN 650, ADS-B in and out) at a reasonable price. It needs nothing, but I want a constant speed prop.
* RV-10s are too expensive and too thirsty, since most of my flights are 1 - 2 souls on board.
* The -14A is actually first choice, but after recent back surgery, and possibly with retirement and a move coming up, a serious project is not really feasible.

Nothing against the short wing RVs, it's just that I've got a different mission.

Ed,

I believe you may have bought the RV-9A I was writing up an offer for, when I checked my e-mail and found out it had been sold!

I was zipping around over central Indiana with the owner a few days earlier.

You had better enjoy that sweet machine!

Best Regards,

-Paragon
Cincinnati, OH

Back