What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Janesville (JVL) diner closed - Favorite stop before OSH

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
The diner at JVL is no more. At 85 miles south of OSH, decent gas prices, and diner on the field, it was the place my group stopped to regroup and fly in together to camp together.

Looking for suggestions for around the 100 mile mark to stop for lunch at a diner on the field to keep the tradition up.

Help!!

Rochelle / KRPJ

Rochelle has a restaurant on the field and is located just south of Janesville. They do a lot of skydiving on weekends. I have no idea about camping on the field but it's a nice airport and runway is in good condition.

Regards,
Don

Janesville hosting Heavy Bombers before OSH

The weekend before OSH EAA chapter 93 is hosting Heavy Bombers weekend at Janesville. We will have the EAA B-17 and FIFI there as well as many other warbirds. In support of the event we will have several food vendors on the field, including Famous Dave's BBQ, so stop on by Fri, Sat or Sun.

Madison or Watertown

The Jet Room diner at Madison (MSN) is open till 2:00 pm. If you want to avoid the Class C at Madison there is Watertown (KRYV), an untowered field with a nice selection of dining options one block from the FBO. The FBO's in both locations are run by Wisconsin Aviation, very friendly.

Lone Rock, Wisconsin

I recommend Lone Rock KLNR. Nice little restaurant on the field with good food and very reasonable prices. We often go there for breakfast or lunch. It can get pretty busy on nice days!

57C East Troy Wisconsin is a great stop. Good fuel price, and JD's BBQ joint is just a few minutes walk from the fuel pumps attached to a BP gas station. The BBQ is awesome! Popular place though, so you might stand in line for a few minutes. 20 minutes by RV from OSH and there are 6 flying RVs on the field.

watertown

Several special events at Watertown Fri Sat before Oshkosh. I would expect the airport to be quite busy.

This need updating

There is a diner in JVL Bessie's which is excellent! On the weekend you almost need an ATC reservation!

The diner at JVL is no more. At 85 miles south of OSH, decent gas prices, and diner on the field, it was the place my group stopped to regroup and fly in together to camp together.

Looking for suggestions for around the 100 mile mark to stop for lunch at a diner on the field to keep the tradition up.

Help!!

Back