What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Legacy AHRS Question

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
I am bench testing my EFIS and have connected the AHRS and magnetometer. The EFIS start up page indicates "AHRS Communication: FAIL"

To verify it is getting power, I placed a meter on the magnetometer pigtail which gets its power directly from the AHRS. It shows that is is receiving full battery power (12.5 volts).

I then tried to check the output wires from the AHRS to the EFIS at the EFIS connector but wasn't sure how to set the dial on the electrical meter. I think I got very low reading on the brown wire and negative number on the yellow. Not sure what these numbers mean if anything.

Any thoughts on how to bench test the AHRS? Or should I just send it in to GRT?

The communication is via RS232 ports, which must be ?configured? via software. Any chance that has been changed? Check the RS232 wires for integrity.

The communication is via RS232 ports, which must be ?configured? via software. Any chance that has been changed? Check the RS232 wires for integrity.

I bought all of the GRT items from one person. It was all reported to be working when removed, so I assume it was properly configured, but I suppose I can check on that using the set up manual.

Thanks Bob! All is working now. The serial inputs/outputs simply had to be configured, as you said.

Back