What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weight and Balance

emailed you I got from Roger H. (Dragonmaster)

and added a few mods. You'll have to add the actual position measurements for the gear. Note the calculation of the nose wheel weight I added. For the 7A, Vans specifies a maximum of 375 lbs. Probably not an issue in the 9A, but you should check...

OOps - no email address in your profile. email me from my profile

Last edited:
Stan,

I have a set of scales (racing) that you can borrow if needed. They will probably be in the next hanger over from you this Saturday weighing the Ercoupe. Let me know if you need them. I also have a spread sheet that I have used on mine.

WT AND BALANCE

COULD SOME OF YOU WHO HAVE RECENTLY DONE WT AND BALANCE ON YOUR 9A EMAIL ME THE OUTCOME. I WOULD LIKE TO COMPARE NUMBERS TO THE W&B I DID ON MY 9A THIS WEEK. THANKS, JOE [email protected]

RV9A
N459RV
GODDLETSVILLE, TN

COULD SOME OF YOU WHO HAVE RECENTLY DONE WT AND BALANCE ON YOUR 9A EMAIL ME THE OUTCOME. I WOULD LIKE TO COMPARE NUMBERS TO THE W&B I DID ON MY 9A THIS WEEK. THANKS, JOE [email protected]

Total --- 1130 lbs. --- RV9A with 0320 & C/S prop. Full leather interior

Right wheel --- 427
Left wheel ---- 415
Nose --------- 288
CG ---- 77.25 (needs a pilot)

RV9A
N459RV
GODDLETSVILLE, TN

N99WC
Paint+leather seats cloth interior+ extra sound insulation FW & floor+2 axis autopilot.

O320-D2G with Sensenich Fixed Pitch Prop.
Empty weight #1091
RW-#398
LW-#401
NW-#292
CG 76.15

Back