What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Data Plate Info

I choose to have the serial number and the model number to be identical. Any prohibition to doing that?

No problem at all. Only restriction on the serial number is that it must not have been previously used by the "manufacturer".
For E-LSA, that would be "Vans Aircraft Inc".
For E-AB, it would be the builder.

Last edited:
I am sure you are aware I can copy down your N number, and get the FAA to furnish me all that information and more. It is public information who you are and where you live. Once I have that, I can even go and find out what kind of license you have to fly it even.

Perfectly aware of that. Wasn't really my question, but since we're here...

It bothers me that the information *is* public. Most states have made driver's license info non-public, and I don't know why the FAA hasn't done the same thing with airmen's certificate information and aircraft registration info.

I can't copy down your auto license plate, go to the DMV website and find out your name, address, etc. Why should I be able to do that with an N-number (or just by putting in your name)?

I guess they'll change it for the same reason some states, like CA, did...when some fruit loop stalks an innocent but moderately famous person and murders them, using data they got in the FAA database to find their home.

With my EAB status and Air Force One paint job I intended to use AF1 for the model, and AF1 for the serial number, with my name of course as manufacturer. Cute anyway. Shucks, I might even use "Air Force One" for the manufacturer, that would be a real hoot!!:D
I can see it now: "Tower - say make of aircraft"
"Me - Air Force One"
I would do most anything to confuse the orderly air traffic system:mad:

No problem at all. Only restriction on the serial number is that it must not have been previously used by the "manufacturer".
For E-LSA, that would be "Vans Aircraft Inc".
For E-AB, it would be the builder.

I can see it now: "Tower - say make of aircraft"
"Me - Air Force One"
I would do most anything to confuse the orderly air traffic system:mad:

To quote a once famous Texan; Might not be prudent at this juncture!

Somewhere before the question of Proof of Ownership was covered, but I cannot find it. As an EAB I have maybe a hundred or more receipts for parts, but what do I attach to the registration for proof of ownership?

To quote a once famous Texan; Might not be prudent at this juncture!

Back