What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Head Camera - Upper Loon

Dave Dollarhide

It looks like Pat Lee and I are duplicating some of our video from ID/MT/WA last month. His stuff is always good, with the tail camera mounted in his RV-7 (Liberty Ship). This video of an approach to Upper Loon is taken from a bullet camera mounted on my headset. ...gives a unique pilot's view.

Upper Loon is in the Idaho backcountry and since we'd already dinged our horizontal stabilizers taking off from the gravel strip at Stanley, ID (great breakfast, however), we didn't land. This is probably one of the most scenic approaches from our trip....and we saw some great backcountry strips this year. This was our fourth trip from Florida to the mountains....and the best yet!

Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABOcKDcTJs for YouTube.

Great video. Looks like a nice wide angle cam. What bullet cams come in HD resolution now?

HDd

The bullet cam is rated at 580, but not HD...nor is the Sony HC96 camcorder it feeds to. I bought the bullet camera from datatoys.com at their booth during Sun n Fun and it's what they recommend for most aviation needs...little wide angle to it.

When I produced the clip in Adobe Premium Elements, I selected HDV 720p 30, trying to get a better quality on YouTube. The YouTube comuter then decided it was "HD" capable...according to their standards. Me? ...I just keep punching buttons till something works.

Are you the Dave Dollarhide of P.A./DAL fame? If so we worked together.

Tim Morris/031/ATL.... still working and enjoying my RV-8. Love to hear from you.

Tim

Back