What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Raising slider roll bar?

tdk

I'm just beginning to measure out my 7 canopy frame. It looks like it will fit perfectly if I just raise the roll bar 1/4". This would also give my 6"4" body a little more head room. Is there any reason I shouldn't insert some 1/4" aluminum plate to raise the roll bar? I'm guessing there will still be plenty of plexi to cut off?

Tom,
I used a 1/4" spacer on my RV-6 without any problem. I am 6' 5" and needed all the headroom I could find.

I'm just beginning to measure out my 7 canopy frame. It looks like it will fit perfectly if I just raise the roll bar 1/4". This would also give my 6"4" body a little more head room. Is there any reason I shouldn't insert some 1/4" aluminum plate to raise the roll bar? I'm guessing there will still be plenty of plexi to cut off?

If you do this, it will slightly alter the geometry on the plexi blocks that capture the two pins at the rear of the frame. Otherwise, I'd expect you'd have no problems.

That said, I'd be surprised if you actually needed the room in a -7. In my slider -6A, I fit fine and I'm 6'5"; the -7 added another inch or so of headroom to that by lowering the seat pan.

Back