What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Final Wing Installation

TerryWighs

Well Known Member
Not quite ready to financially purchase finishing kit yet. Is there any reason to NOT attach wings permanently. I would like to continue with small wing plumbing and flight controls flap rigging and electrical, etc. I have finished all the fuselage kit steps.

Not quite ready to financially purchase finishing kit yet. Is there any reason to NOT attach wings permanently. I would like to continue with small wing plumbing and flight controls flap rigging and electrical, etc. I have finished all the fuselage kit steps.

Putting the wings on now will have you literally running laps around the airplane to do the finish kit. Just wait. You can do a temporary install using hardware store bolts just to get things about right, but you add work.

Carl

I installed my wings earlier than I should have because I needed it to look more like an airplane for motivational reasons. That action certainly had the desired outcome, but I sure paid a price for it. Working inside the airplane while on the wing is exponentially more difficult and the wings really do get in the way for everything else. Avoid that if you can.

Back