What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping Cost Estimates?

MJarreau

Well Known Member
Long time lurker.... I'm thinking of taking the -10 plunge.... Is there any way to get a ballpark price on shipping the various kits?

Thanks,
Michael

Hi Michael,
I'm in Ohio so I figure my shipping costs should be 'close' to what you'd pay in Alabama.

I built an RV10 last year and I (read: my little red haired wifey) keep records for all costs associated with each of my projects. My 10 was a quick build fuse/wings with Vans firewall forward kit, new Mattituck, Hartzell B/A prop, Glass Panel with Garmin stack, and Flightline Interior. My total shipping for 'everything'.....including all the misc items from ACS was $3896.29. I'm sure that some folks have done better but I try to plan my orders to minimize shipping and I NEVER had to have anything next day or overnight.

Hope this helps.

Long time lurker.... I'm thinking of taking the -10 plunge.... Is there any way to get a ballpark price on shipping the various kits?

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:
Shipping Costs...

Vary depending on type of kit and whether or not you require a liftgate truck for home delivery, etc.

I picked my wing and fuselage SB kits up at the ABF freight terminal here in KC and saved a bit; shipping costs were:
Wing kit (Feb 08): $252
Fuselage kit (Apr 08): $292

Partain can give you a price for QB kit delivery and Van's can help with an estimate for your specific situation.

Mike

including all the misc items from ACS was $3896.29. I'm sure that some folks have done better but I try to plan my orders to minimize shipping and I NEVER had to have anything next day or overnight.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Did you charter a B744F for that?

The whole freight cost for Emp by air is AUD $1300 and AUD$5871, so thats around $6800.

And we are a long way down under!

But what the heck........its only freight!

Get stuck into it!

David :)

If you call Van's and talk to the shipping folks they can give you a ballpark cost on the shipping. That's what I did and it came out within a few dollars of what they told me it would be.

PJ Seipel
RV-10 #40032

Shipping

Mike,
I had contemplated picking my kits from Van's, but after shopping around for a truck. time traveling, and motels, it was not cost effective.
There was also the insureance of the kits. Shipped be a carrier, they are insured, me ship, if I rolled the truck over, the kit is a broken pile of aluminum. Van's will get the best deals all the time, as they did with mine.
TT
RV10

Hey that's funny...I got a good chuckle when I read this post :).

But...it's TRUE....the number I quoted was my ACTUAL shipping costs for EVERYTHING that went into a finished and flying RV10....EVERYTHING...not just the kits and engine. Again...I'm not in the habit of tossing $$ away and combined items whenever possible to save shipping costs.

Gas prices are going through the roof but I still like living here in the good ol' US of A :D.

Giterdone!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Did you charter a B744F for that?

The whole freight cost for Emp by air is AUD $1300 and AUD$5871, so thats around $6800.

And we are a long way down under!

But what the heck........its only freight!

Get stuck into it!

David :)

Back