What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pound, pound, pound them rivets

A phone call from RV builder Paul Schaetzel followed by e-mails started coming in after lunch yesterday about the Jetwhine article ...and Tuppergal/I had no idea this was coming.

Once home, I was able to read it and saw that is was written by my friend Scott Spangler, former editor of EAA's SPORT magazine. We've stayed in touch with Scott since 2000, and he gets a Christmas Card (letter) every year. He was able to write the story using our Christmas 2013 letter; A very nice and unexpected Christmas present from Scott :D

Building and flying our RV was the best thing we've ever done! We've made so many new friends because of it...and are yet to meet many more in the years to come!

Keep pounding them rivets because it's ALL WORTH IT!!!! Rosie & Tuppergal

A..firm

Janet and are truly blessed to have met and traveled with Rosie and Tuppergal.

Pound them rivets

Rosie and Tuppergal, you're truly an inspiration to all of us that are still pounding. Can't wait to start making my own pin map.

Nice write up, Rosie! Thanks for all the RV knowledge, support (access to tools!), new friends and hangar space for my RV-8A!

You guys are great, hopefully I can travel as much as you guys do some day.

Splinter

Ambassador

For sure one of the best, if not the best Ambassador for the RV.

Here he is giving my wife her first RV ride at LOE 02 or 03, I don't remember, shortly after we began our -7.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv9%3B43%3Dwp%3E4%3B93%3D57%3C%3D345%3DXROQDF%3E2638259543254wp1lsi

Back