What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Is there such a place?

LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
My wedding anniversery is here and I was wanting to load up the RV and fly the wife to a nice get-away. Is there a nice B&B on a small airport within say 200-300 miles of the Austin Metro? May even stretch out a little further if we can find some really good food, hot tub etc... Gotta love it when the wife wants to take the RV for a little walk. :D Sold her on the first ride!

Last edited:
Don Jones,

A little off topic for the thread but your avatar is hilarious!! :D

Is that your all-terrain vehicle?

KRAS

Port Aransas, Mustang Beach is a short hop and can be fun except transportation can be a problem. There's a City Bus, but it's much better if you know someone who has a car stashed there that you can borrow. Since there was a car I could use, I never tried to see if the Hotels would pick me up.

Might try calling some of the hotels to see if they would pick you up. Great seafood and beaches!

Well... we took the Hangar Hotel. Yes, it is very nice and extremely clean. Music starts in the Cap Club at 7:30. Then we'll head out to the Chili Pepper & Salsa fest later this eve and check out the Hot Air Balloon Show.

Granbury and Jefferson

Lots of B&Bs in Granbury and Jefferson. You just have to get there from the airport. I know Granbury has courtesy cars.

Back