VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.


Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-15
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will Vans debut the RV15 at Oshkosh22 as part of their big 50 year anniversary?
Yes 141 60.00%
No 94 40.00%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-26-2022, 09:56 PM
chaskuss chaskuss is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,597
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotjohnS View Post
Does anybody have any updates?
Is your 9A done yet????
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-26-2022, 10:27 PM
PilotjohnS PilotjohnS is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,212
Default Ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaskuss View Post
Is your 9A done yet????
Very good.
Not done yet, but very very close. I am trying to be done for Osh.
__________________
John S

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Structure done (less gear)
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 95% done
Fiberglass 90%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-01-2022, 06:15 PM
PatrickW PatrickW is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 38
Default

AOPA says the 15 will be at Oshkosh this year:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...rates-50-years

“Van’s Aircraft will celebrate its fiftieth anniversary at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 with the public debut of its first high-wing design—the RV–15”

.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-02-2022, 05:57 AM
FlyNSoCal FlyNSoCal is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Southern California
Posts: 23
Default RV15 at OSH22

That's great news about OSH22. Hopefully Vans provides some pics before then.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-02-2022, 06:16 AM
RV6_flyer's Avatar
RV6_flyer RV6_flyer is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NC25
Posts: 3,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotjohnS View Post
Does anybody have any updates?
The FAA aircraft Registry will most likely list the RV-15 aircraft shortly after it takes flight. The Registry does get updated but like everything else these days, it may not be on time. Vans Aircraft already has a few reserved N numbers that they can use or they could surprise us with a number that they do not already have control of.
__________________
Gary A. Sobek
NC25 RV-6
Flying
3,500+ hours
Where is N157GS
Building RV-8 S/N: 80012

To most people, the sky is the limit.
To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-02-2022, 09:40 AM
drewids drewids is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV6_flyer View Post
The FAA aircraft Registry will most likely list the RV-15 aircraft shortly after it takes flight. The Registry does get updated but like everything else these days, it may not be on time. Vans Aircraft already has a few reserved N numbers that they can use or they could surprise us with a number that they do not already have control of.
My bet is 815LT. I've been watching it for a while. They reserved it last year a month or two after Osh and it's the only number they have with "15" in it that isn't already assigned to an airplane. I thought about setting AWS Transcribe to listen to liveatc and alert for anything like that number, but it'd be so far out of the free tier I decided I should just enjoy the suspense and eventual surprise
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-02-2022, 10:40 AM
greghughespdx's Avatar
greghughespdx greghughespdx is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Aurora, OR
Posts: 1,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickW View Post
AOPA says the 15 will be at Oshkosh this year:

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...rates-50-years

“Van’s Aircraft will celebrate its fiftieth anniversary at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2022 with the public debut of its first high-wing design—the RV–15”

.
We've stated publicly (including way back at OSH21) that our target is to make OSH22 with a prototype airplane. That remains our goal. But to be clear: Nothing's ever guaranteed until it's actually ready! If it's ready, we'll have it there. AOPA knows (via the same public info as everyone else) that we're working toward that target. Regardless of when it happens and where, we're excited for it!

We will of course be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the company, and Monday will be the big day for that, so we hope you'll be there at the beginning of the week!
__________________
Greg Hughes - Van's Aircraft
Van's web site | Instagram | Facebook
Opinions, information and comments are my own unless stated otherwise. They do not necessarily represent the direction/opinions of my employer.

Building RV-8A since Sept 2014
Dual AFS 5600, Avidyne IFD 440, Whirlwind 74RV, Superior XP IO-360
VAF build thread - Flickr photo album - Project Facebook page
Aurora, OR (EAA Chapter 105)

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-02-2022, 12:58 PM
MED MED is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greghughespdx View Post
We've stated publicly (including way back at OSH21) that our target is to make OSH22 with a prototype airplane. That remains our goal. But to be clear: Nothing's ever guaranteed until it's actually ready! If it's ready, we'll have it there. AOPA knows (via the same public info as everyone else) that we're working toward that target. Regardless of when it happens and where, we're excited for it!

We will of course be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the company, and Monday will be the big day for that, so we hope you'll be there at the beginning of the week!
Free stuff for all builders?

__________________
MED
140236
N435MD
Miss March 2020
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-02-2022, 10:22 PM
PilotjohnS PilotjohnS is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southwest
Posts: 2,212
Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by MED View Post
Free stuff for all builders?

It seems half of osh visitors are builders! Success is contagious.
__________________
John S

WARNING! Information presented in this post is my opinion. All users of info have sole responsibility for determining accuracy or suitability for their use.

Dues paid 2022, worth every penny

RV9A- Status:
98% done, 2% left to go
Structure done (less gear)
Electrical/Panel done
Firewall Forward 95% done
Fiberglass 90%
www.pilotjohnsrv9.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-25-2022, 06:33 AM
Deuelly Deuelly is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 41
Default Reveal

Vans closed this Thursday at 2:00PM for employee reveal of RV-15 and company wide meeting on keeping quiet about it's existence.

Brandon

Joking.......maybe?

Last edited by Deuelly : 05-25-2022 at 06:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 AM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.