VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

-POSTING RULES
-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

  #1  
Old 01-21-2022, 09:05 PM
Auburntsts's Avatar
Auburntsts Auburntsts is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,104
Default G3X GSU 73 Message

Got this message on my non-touch G3X tonight: ďAHRS IGRF data out of dateĒ. Does anyone know what this means, and more importantly what I need to do about it?
__________________
Todd "I drink and know things" Stovall
PP ASEL-IA
RV-10 N728TT - Flying!
WAR EAGLE!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2022, 07:29 AM
Walt's Avatar
Walt Walt is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Posts: 6,613
Default

Update your software is all to get the current geomagnetic field model.
__________________
Walt Aronow, DFW, TX (52F)

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 2000+ hrs, New Titan IO-370, Bendix Mags, MTV-9 prop
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2022, 07:34 AM
Auburntsts's Avatar
Auburntsts Auburntsts is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,104
Default

Whatís the ramifications if I donít? Iím currently running 12.0 and Iím reluctant to update to 12.3 due to issues that others have had.
__________________
Todd "I drink and know things" Stovall
PP ASEL-IA
RV-10 N728TT - Flying!
WAR EAGLE!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2022, 08:21 AM
Walt's Avatar
Walt Walt is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Posts: 6,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
Whatís the ramifications if I donít? Iím currently running 12.0 and Iím reluctant to update to 12.3 due to issues that others have had.
Iím guessing but magnetic heading errors more than likely.
__________________
Walt Aronow, DFW, TX (52F)

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 2000+ hrs, New Titan IO-370, Bendix Mags, MTV-9 prop
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2022, 08:24 AM
Longez's Avatar
Longez Longez is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: KS
Posts: 380
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
Whatís the ramifications if I donít? Iím currently running 12.0 and Iím reluctant to update to 12.3 due to issues that others have had.
What??? The only problem I have seen reported with G3X V12.30 was a self inflicted problem of someone trying to operate their system without first verifying that all devices had completed their software updates.

After loading new software on the PFD, you should always immediately enter configuration mode after the display resets and stay in configuration mode watching the System Information page until all devices are showing the correct software versions provided in the software update.

On a multi-display system, I always load new software to all displays except PFD1 first, then load PFD1 and enter configuration mode as described above. It is only the PFD1 display that updates the software in the other system devices. If you have the capability, power off the additional displays (except PFD1) while PFD1 is updating the rest of the system.

Steve
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2022, 01:34 PM
Auburntsts's Avatar
Auburntsts Auburntsts is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longez View Post
What??? The only problem I have seen reported with G3X V12.30 was a self inflicted problem of someone trying to operate their system without first verifying that all devices had completed their software updates.

After loading new software on the PFD, you should always immediately enter configuration mode after the display resets and stay in configuration mode watching the System Information page until all devices are showing the correct software versions provided in the software update.

On a multi-display system, I always load new software to all displays except PFD1 first, then load PFD1 and enter configuration mode as described above. It is only the PFD1 display that updates the software in the other system devices. If you have the capability, power off the additional displays (except PFD1) while PFD1 is updating the rest of the system.

Steve
I know how to do the update— I’ve had my system for 10 years now.

Anyway I was incorrect on the software version that was causing issues with the SL30 — that apparently was 12.2. So maybe I’ll give 12.3 a shot after I do some more research. Because of the issues with 12.2 I want to make sure there aren’t similar issues with 12.3 as I don’t have a copy of 12.0 to revert back to if there’s an issue.
__________________
Todd "I drink and know things" Stovall
PP ASEL-IA
RV-10 N728TT - Flying!
WAR EAGLE!

Last edited by Auburntsts : 01-22-2022 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2022, 10:31 AM
Mconner7 Mconner7 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bradenton FL
Posts: 159
Default

Is there a link to the steps I need to do to update my software? I have the same AHRS message.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-04-2022, 11:23 AM
Auburntsts's Avatar
Auburntsts Auburntsts is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mconner7 View Post
Is there a link to the steps I need to do to update my software? I have the same AHRS message.
Thereís the download instruction on the Garmin site:
https://www8.garmin.com/support/down...=4451#Instruct

Plus instructions in the G3X install manual,
https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-01115-01_ap.pdf

Itís very easy. I went ahead and upgraded from 12.0 to 12.3 and I havenít had any issues.
__________________
Todd "I drink and know things" Stovall
PP ASEL-IA
RV-10 N728TT - Flying!
WAR EAGLE!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.