What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Checklist File ACE

Jimd

Well Known Member
Anyone have a garmin checklist file they would be willing to share? I really just want something to show me how and where to edit the ACE file. I have the editor installed but it looks like you have nothing to start with, not even a simple outline?

I did find one old post here in VAF but the file I found seems to be empty, it was also pretty old so I wonder if the version of the data file might not be usable in the g3x.

Update, I found one! 42BU wherever you are, thanks! I would still be glad to see others if you have one you can share.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited:
Anyone have a garmin checklist file they would be willing to share? I really just want something to show me how and where to edit the ACE file. I have the editor installed but it looks like you have nothing to start with, not even a simple outline?

I did find one old post here in VAF but the file I found seems to be empty, it was also pretty old so I wonder if the version of the data file might not be usable in the g3x.

Update, I found one! 42BU wherever you are, thanks! I would still be glad to see others if you have one you can share.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

FYI... I downloaded the ACE a few years ago and created checklists for my G3X from scratch. I seem to remember that although using ACE is not as easy or intuitive as WP software, after going through some trial and error, the result was great. I will probably need a refresher in using ACE if I have to update or change a checklist... so far so good.

Good luck.

Victor

Sample File

Does anyone have an RV-10 file that I can use as a starting point?

Thanks
Frank

Back