What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Does anyone have a source for the album Song Pilot by Dwayne O'Brien?

Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a source for the album "Song Pilot" by Dwayne O'Brien? This contains the song "We Remember" but the reviews I have read go way beyond that song when they describe it as capturing the passion of the flight experience from a pilots perspective not one of those hokey shallow airplane stuff productions. I got on a wait list at a pilot shop months ago, wish list at Amazon, did a google search but everything ran to a dead end. Any ideas?

Bob Axsom

Song Pilot

Dwayne's website says he is sold out and the only pilot supply shop online that carried them is closed due to an extended illness.
Did you find a source?

Mike,
I sent Bob a "Song Pilot" CD earlier this week, and (as of last night) he is now enjoying it immensely. Would you please close this thread?

Thanks,

What about the rest of us?

There are several of us that would like to find this CD.
Has anybody found a place to purchase them?

I am very pleased with this CD

It is very well produced and the music is real music not the usual, half the time you can't tell what they are saying, and followed by yelling to cover up extreme lack of talent. The man has a very good voice and style of singing with a deep felt understanding of that special mode of life that you transition into when you leave the ground. It must have been a limited production that he went out and did himself and then walked (flew) away. I guess the market among the 600,000 pilots is just to small to sustain a pipeline - but man it is good!

Bob Axsom

There are several of us that would like to find this CD.
Has anybody found a place to purchase them?

Craig,
Wish I could help you out too, but the one I sent Bob was from my personal CD collection. I had copied the CD to my computer to rip a couple of the songs to a "favorites" CD for a trip, so the original was surplus for me.

I hope you find a source!

I can help

I don't want to hoard the only CD in known existence. Give me your address and I will hand it off to you. I've heard it and I enjoyed it - I'm too much of a short timer just hang on to it for myself. I also have a CD by the Rudder Brothers that was written up in AOPA Pilot a few years ago. It's more of a country style production. Craig you have first call on the Song Pilot. They are a gift and I'll pay the shipping but if you want to contribute something to VAF that's up to you.

Bob Axsom

Packed and ready

Will mail it in the morning. Thanks to Michael for the original gift.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
If you would like to buy the album, it can be purchased here. Also, an MP3 version is suppose to be available on Amazon.com

Unfortunately, if you actually try to purchase it from that site, you will get this message:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for visiting
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ace's Pilot Shop.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Due to an extended family illness,
Ace's Pilot Shop is temporarily closed.
[/FONT]​

Thanks Gary

While you are waiting for your own copy, you can hear it here:

http://www.flvmp3.org/video/RU1oB8sGyYM/We Remember.html

If this post violates any rules or copy-write, please delete.

If you would like to buy the album, it can be purchased here. Also, an MP3 version is suppose to be available on Amazon.com

I watched and listened to it one more time because you put the link there. I have seen it several times as I guess everyone has by now, but what a quality show and song. I started recognizing recently that the photos were not just random WWII snapshots woven into the video but the actual people in WWII time that are live in the video. It is a moving tribute for sure. When I was a boy in WWII these people were bigger than life heros. We used to go to church in the evening in downtown San Diego and they would have a fellowship hour after the service. Everyone would gather around th piano and we (yes us kids too) would sing songs like "Coming in on a Wing and A Prayer" and "Praise the Lord and Pass the Amunition." Whew, sorry got a little nostalgic there.

Did you notice that the Corsair #416 is the one featured on the cover of the new Spot Aviation.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
It's on it's way

Priority Mail with delivery confirmation 03103490000010477124. Enter USPS in Google, select track & confirm and enter the number to find out where it is.

Bob Axsom

Dwayne performed We Remember at ICAS in December (it was amazing!!!!) and he was selling the CD's there. He lives in Houston and has a Pitts at Ellington, maybe the Houston Mafia can track him down...

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

Back