What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Paying my debt to this society

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
I purchased my first kit, #81751, in 2002. For some reason, I never donated during the entire time I worked on it. No excuses, Mea Culpa. That kit was sold as a project in 2011 and has gone on to live a glamorous life: you've all seen photos of it, but I will refrain from revealing it's inglorious beginnings. Only the finisher and I need know the truth.
I've now acquired a new project, #81651; yes, 100 numbers earlier than the one I worked on before! This is a new beginning and a fresh start, so I needed to clear up one detail: my donations to this group of aviators.
Today I mailed a check to DR for all my delinquent donations going back to 2002 when I first began work on my first kit. I am up to date thru the end of 2014, and from now on my donations will happen automatically in mid-December for the following year.
I want to again apologize to DR and his family for carrying me for all this time, and I want to thank him and the rest of you for giving me the benefit of your expertise and humor for all these years.
My signature block has been updated to note that "Donations up to date thru 2014"
I feel much better. Time to go pound some rivets.

I make my donation each November. Well worth it... this is a great community to support. Chock full of knowledge and camaraderie:cool:

Automatic "Donation"

Clay sez: "...from now on my donations will happen automatically...."

I'd like to do that as well, so how did you set it up for automatic payment?

Here's how:

Go online with your bank. I bet they have some sort of auto payment capability. Just type in DR's business address as the recipient and click around the frequency window until you find "once a year", a lot of guys pick their birthday as the date so I did too. For me this results in an actual paper check being mailed out, YMMV.
I'd be happy to alter these details if word went out with an account number and routing number so that this could all happen electronically.

PayPal

I set up a recurring payment through paypal on the link on the top left of the main page. I rounded a bit up to cover PayPal's cut!

Back