Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galenrasmussen View Post
Can anyone help me set up my BMI EFIS to show fuel quantity using Van's resistance senders? .
Thanks.
I can probably help, depending on which generation it is...
Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironflight View Post
I seem to recall a thread somewhere here or on another forum from a moth or two ago that said that BMA was downsizing, was pulling back from their web site and 800 number, etc. I think it was going to be a one-man show until the economy improves.
Wow! Pulling the website to save money. If thats true it is a really bad sign. It costs all of $50/mo to host a website and in this day and age how do you reach customers without one?

Sounds like death's door to me.

Bummer.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironflight View Post
I seem to recall a thread somewhere here or on another forum from a moth or two ago that said that BMA was downsizing, was pulling back from their web site and 800 number, etc. I think it was going to be a one-man show until the economy improves. I can't find the thread now....

Paul
The last communication I had saw from Greg he was down to just him but had hired a couple of techs. The 800 number is now disconnected and the website gone. My strong suspicion is it is gone for good.

Someone deleted the thread you are referring to after it turned into a bash BMA fest.

Those of us with BMA equipment probably need to form some type of info repository and attempt to see if we can obtain the info needed to uopdate our databases on our own.

I'll probably put a BMA section on my wesite forum in the next week or so, anyone interested PM me and I'll tell too how to sign up.

I am in communication with an old BMA tech and I'll see if there are any shops that can support the hardware (I am not real hopeful).

Milt Concannon
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM

Default Sign me up

I'm going to be really "irritated" if they have disappeared. Although I only purchased the autopilot so I could get the servos installed during fuselage construction and before closing the wing up, I still may be out $3500 unless there is a way to use them and the control box with another autopilot or EFIS. I had read somewhere that maybe Trio could work with these?

Milt, I sent you a PM to sign up for the forum. Thanks for helping us out.
VAF#1145
Donation up to date 06/22
Old 06-16-2009, 04:58 AM

I have no info at all on the BMA servos but if what you are saying is right (that the Trio system can use them) then we should be able to control them as well as we are Trio compatible.
If not, if you can dig up some info on how to position the servos (protocol, PWM, whatever) - I'll see if I can do something to help. $3500 is a lot of money for servos...

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
I'm going to be really "irritated" if they have disappeared. Although I only purchased the autopilot so I could get the servos installed during fuselage construction and before closing the wing up, I still may be out $3500 unless there is a way to use them and the control box with another autopilot or EFIS. I had read somewhere that maybe Trio could work with these?

Milt, I sent you a PM to sign up for the forum. Thanks for helping us out.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:29 AM

Default Good luck guys!

This economy will test everyone company supporting our hobby. Hopefully most of them that have provided the best products and the best service will not suffer the fate of BMA.

IHN,

2020 Dues Paid

Robby Knox

THEM: Why do you always carry a knife?

ME: I can't open a bag of chips with my Glock!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:19 AM

I don't think it was the economy per se so much as the bad rep for service and too early product release.

Another compounding factor was probably trying to get and keep hi tech employees in reallly rural Tennessee. (Not a slam against Tennessee or Rural) just not easy to find techno geeks in those places.

Milt Concannon
Old 06-16-2009, 07:48 AM

Default Spoke with Greg

Cable cut in Copperhill......he's on it.

Jon
Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 AM

This is about the 5th time I have heard the cable cut in Copperhill quote over the last 2 months.

1. I find several "cablecuts" over a 3 month period implausable.
2. The website says the account has been suspended not out of order.
3. The response to customers over the last 3 months has been close to nil relative to deliveries, repairs, questions.
4. All of BMA's key employees have quit.

This all sounds a bit more serious than the cables being cut on an almost weekly basis. I would be ecstatic if the cable cut explanations were really the problem.

Milt Concannon
Old 06-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Website is back up. I got a real quick email from Shelia saying it was back up but didn't say anything on why it went down.

At least I can continue to download my Database updates now!

--
Michael