Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-11-2022, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoJuliet View Post
I had the same question about the part number 889691 vs. 889694 shown in the service bulletin, so I called Lockwood this morning and they said to only look at the serial number and not the part number... strange.
Then it looks like I too join the “ grrrrrrrrr....” club 😤
Old 04-11-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmondthx1138 View Post
I am also concerned about who pays for the replacement pumps. Is this a warrantee issue or owner responsibility?

These pumps are expensive.
I just spat out my coffee when I looked up the price on Aircraft Spruce: $1585 for a new assembly!! , so fingers crossed these are covered under warranty.
Old 04-11-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoJuliet View Post
I had the same question about the part number 889691 vs. 889694 shown in the service bulletin, so I called Lockwood this morning and they said to only look at the serial number and not the part number... strange.
Did you get a price and availability?
Old 04-11-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmondthx1138 View Post
Did you get a price and availability?
She said that they have ordered the repair kits today, no lead time or price yet. Sounds like you will pay for the kit, then send the old pumps back along with a warranty claim.
Old 04-11-2022, 03:51 PM

Welp, I checked my aircraft logbook today. Seems my S/N's fall within the range.. 19.5698 and 19.5675.

And if anyone cares, I had received my engine sub-kit on 18-Mar-2019.. I had shipped them to Lockwood on 9-Jun-2020 to take care of Rotax SB 912i-011iS (Van's SD 19-12-03)...

I contacted Lockwood just now to let them know.. and to let me know when they're ready to start turning these around to customers.
Be prepared to give them your aircraft s/n, tail #, pump s/n's, and engine s/n.

Last edited by rcarsey : 04-11-2022 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarsey View Post
Welp, I checked my aircraft logbook today. Seems my S/N's fall within the range.. 19.5698 and 19.5675.

And if anyone cares, I had received my engine sub-kit on 18-Mar-2019.. I had shipped them to Lockwood on 9-Jun-2020 to take care of Rotax SB 912i-011iS (Van's SD 19-12-03)...

I contacted Lockwood just now to let them know.. and to let me know when they're ready to start turning these around to customers.
Be prepared to give them your aircraft s/n, tail #, pump s/n's, and engine s/n.
Looks like my fuel pumps are in range as well. I was hoping to avoid climbing into the tailcone for the Tailcone cracking SB until the annual, but it looks like ill have to climb back there for this fuel pump replacement so i might as well complete both SBs.. oh well, Better I do it before the heat of summer I reckon

So are we meant to wait for Vans to release their own SB/SD to give us the procedures to complete this replacement? Or are we meant to go about it on our own through Lockwood or another source?
Old 04-11-2022, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarsey View Post
I had shipped them to Lockwood on 9-Jun-2020 to take care of Rotax SB 912i-011iS (Van's SD 19-12-03)...
I also complied with Van's SD 19-12-03. This new SB is in addition to Van's (e.g. we have to do both of them)?
Old 04-11-2022, 05:16 PM

SLSA rules FYI.....

The ASTM's that regulate Light Sport aircraft contain a requirement that requires an SLSA manufacturer to issue a S.B. that echoes any S.B. that a third party / OEM supplier issues for a component that is used on any of their aircraft.

So, you will always see us issue a S.B., regardless of whether we are sure that any of our customers will be effected. This can be confusing because it can make it look like the direction is coming form two different places, when in fact it is just a mechanism put in place to help assure that owners of a particular aircraft don't miss something that was issued by a component supplier.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
Van's Aircraft Engineering Prototype Shop
FAA/DAR
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 04-11-2022, 05:51 PM

I recall several people getting power plant kits earlier this year, mine is somewhere in crating.

Any of the people who very recently took delivery that have checked their pump SN's against the bulletin?
Old 04-11-2022, 06:55 PM

Looks like I get to skip a Service Bulletin this time.

Finally!

Curious about how both pumps have the same s/n though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Pumps.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	401.8 KB
ID:	24503
RV-12iS
N121SF
E-LSA
iRMT & LSRI
Donated