Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-10
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregInIdaho View Post
I ordered RV-10 empennage early June 2021. Posted lead time on that date was four months, expected crating in September. Was told in September it would be November. Then told December. In December, I was told that they really don't have any idea.
Current status is Parts being Produced.

This thread will be more useful if we get posts from people who have received kits in the last couple of months.
This whole situation is quite disappointing. The fact that Van's has gone dark in regard to communications after promising biweekly communications is also troubling.
Lake Stevens WA
Indycanard at yahoo dot com
Cozy IV (N85TT)
Long-EZ (building, N925EZ reserved)
RV-10 #42583 Waiting on empennage, but I received the wings and fuselage. I started Chap 21, Ailerons
Old 02-02-2022, 10:15 AM

Has anyone gotten anything recently?
Old 02-02-2022, 12:01 PM

I had emailed the kit team last week and they responded today. Apparently there is a team working on assigning dates to all pending orders. Not sure how they are doing this, but assuming they are looking at inventory and production capacity. Still not ETA though on my kits.
RV-10 Wing Kit - In Construction - Section 13
Synergy South Fundamentals - Completed 12/2021
Blog
N704MA Reserved
Old 02-02-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
My Wing kit was ordered in March I believe and is in crating as of Monday. Crating expected to complete by the end of next week and I'll be picking it up via will call.

Edit: validated the date they took my deposit was 3/30. Order was sent in a couple weeks prior.
Fuse started October 2020
Mated the tailcone January 2021

Last edited by RVFan671 : 02-02-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:19 PM

Ordered Kit in June 2021, was told in November when I inquired if I paid the balance kit would move into crating. Confirmed last week that kit is not in crating and have no estimate as of yet. They gave me a link to the kit status/order page but it doesn't show anything.

Where are you guys seeing that "parts are being produced"
Old 02-02-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRV View Post
Ordered Kit in June 2021, was told in November when I inquired if I paid the balance kit would move into crating. Confirmed last week that kit is not in crating and have no estimate as of yet. They gave me a link to the kit status/order page but it doesn't show anything.

For status, go here: https://www.vansaircraft.com/kitstatus/

That will show status for all you individual kits (if you have more than one). All my kits are "Parts Being Produced".

I also was contacted in November to pay in full my empennage and was told it would be sent to crating for my originally expected December pick up date (I'm getting via will-call).

As with you, I asked Vans in December and they said they now have no idea when the kit will be ready.

In regards to my comment about non-existent communications, why can't Greg Hughes or whoever is running the team provide a mass email for all the unscheduled kits with a bi-weekly update such as we are 30% thru the list etc, or thru all orders placed before XX/XX/2021. Now THAT would be something, and would perhaps eliminate the multiple daily calls/emails asking for the smallest of slivers of information and we would know we haven't been forgotten. We definitely don't need to get "in their business" to slow them down, but really, how long would a high level update on their progress really take them.
Lake Stevens WA
Indycanard at yahoo dot com
Cozy IV (N85TT)
Long-EZ (building, N925EZ reserved)
RV-10 #42583 Waiting on empennage, but I received the wings and fuselage. I started Chap 21, Ailerons
Old 02-02-2022, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRV View Post

See image for what is displaying on the order status page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OrderStatus.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	21700  
2022 Donation Happily Paid!
Old 02-02-2022, 05:10 PM

Default Emp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNB View Post
There is someone I know who said they ordered emp along with QB wing and QB fuse in April and they received their emp (shipped and received in WA not will call) this week.
Fuse started October 2020
Mated the tailcone January 2021
Old 02-02-2022, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indycanard View Post
For status, go here:
In regards to my comment about non-existent communications, why can't Greg Hughes or whoever is running the team provide a mass email for all the unscheduled kits with a bi-weekly update such as we are 30% thru the list etc, or thru all orders placed before XX/XX/2021. Now THAT would be something, and would perhaps eliminate the multiple daily calls/emails asking for the smallest of slivers of information and we would know we haven't been forgotten. We definitely don't need to get "in their business" to slow them down, but really, how long would a high level update on their progress really take them.
I spoke with Greg, he explained that the situation is way more complicated. VANs depends on their sub-contractors who are unable to provide ETA due to many various reasons one of which is lack of staff. Despite they now expanding the capacity of their production the bottle neck are sub-contractors who are one of the main reasons for delays in our kits delivery

Sure you may ask - why not to change sub-contractor - problem is that it will take even longer to get quality aviation product which will pass VANs QA. I remember story with RV10 landing gear mounts when all orders (including my) where delayed because of the quality of welding by experienced contractor. QA is the king.

I wish VANs can provide all of us with bi weekly updates but my guess is that these updates will look the same as in quoted above web link for order status page.

Greg said in his video that they will keep updating and communicating so I am sure they will update all of us as soon as some news are available.

I run small business related to electronic and embedded engineering. We also highly depend on our contractors. At present moment we wait for small components 26-28 weeks lead time. This is for small $5 component and we can not release product to customers. We now wait for some other components which we ordered from world known supplier and lead time is 52 weeks. Our customers are also waiting and also go crazy Everything in this world went crazy with this virus
RV10 (#42078)(C-FFVX) - Started my build on Oct 31, 2019
Working on Firewall Forward (June 04, 2022)
RV10 (#42756) - Empennage kit on order (Feb, 2022)
My RV10 Build Vlog
My Instagram
Old 02-02-2022, 08:03 PM

It also doesn’t help they don’t go quite in order either. They pick a kit and do a bunch, then do another kit and a bunch of those, etc… From the reports it isn’t like they go through each Sales order in order and keep changing kits. That would be a lot slower than grouping similar kits together at once
RV-10 Wing Kit - In Construction - Section 13
Synergy South Fundamentals - Completed 12/2021
Blog
N704MA Reserved