What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two level throttle quadrant

rongawer

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a two-lever throttle quadrant for the RV-10 that has the same dimensions (curve) of the three lever Van's sells?

I don't have a use for the mixture lever... although I could just label it something like "happiness" or "morale" and let passengers play with it... I dunno.

Was thinking to just do verniers, but now my wife saw a -10 with the full center console and we apparently need the "more complete looking interior".

Flyboys Accessories sells a bunch of really nice throttle quadrants with throttle/prop options available. Can't speak to dimensions though.

I contacted Flyboys who got a hold of DJM for me and had a custom 2 lever quadrant made up. I went with their flat quadrant, but there shouldn't be a reason you can't get the DJM curved quadrant instead. I happened to catch them right as they went into a production run, so adding 2 custom quadrants was a minimal expense. The DJM quadrants are mostly modular, so removing the 3rd lever is really easy as long as you get the correct face plate made up. Worst case you can remove the 3rd lever and get a piece of plastic engraved to fix the standard engraving.

Back