What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What ladder do you have in your hangar?

Vlad

Well Known Member
I would like to buy a good ladder. Mostly for servicing airplane in the hangar. In the shop I have different contraptions made of milk crates, 2x4s, selfmade stands and benches. Different stands for different tasks. But I don't have a ladder no need for now. What kind of ladders you guys have in your hangars? Short,long,foldable,fiberglass? Is there a necessity for one?

I am a smidge away from 500 hrs on my RV9 and have done four condition inspections on it to date. The only time I need to use a ladder is when I remove and replace the oil filter. My folding aluminum 5ft ladder from Lowes is all I need to get myself up above the engine to get a good look at what I'm doing.

Topside Creeper

I have NO idea if these would be of any use on an RV, but they are the hot set up on trucks. ...just a different idea.

106605-2T.jpg

Werner platform stool

Vlad,

I recommend the Werner platform stool

http://www.wernerladder.com/newprods/workplatform.php

I have two of them, one on each side of the airplane. Paid about $50 for each. I feel it is totally worth the price. They are sturdy, and easy to get on and off. It also allows you more reach than a conventional ladder. The legs can be extended on the fancier models to make them taller too. However, if you need extra height, this may not be what you need. If you are looking for something for easier access to the top side of the engine (for short guys like me) this is just the ticket.

Best,

Ben

Last edited:
I have a few folding chairs in the hangar. I use one for oil filter change. It is also handy for putting the rudder on. All other works can be done without one.

Werner

I have the Werner it is perfect, I bought it on sale in the aircraft department of Home Depot for 24.00 on sale.

Back