What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proud to be a new RV-8 owner!

colojo

Well Known Member
After almost two years of shopping I finally found a completed RV-8 that I wanted to buy. I'm now the proud owner of N8812T, a 2010 model. As such, this is my first posting on VAF, although I've been lurking here for a couple years.

I purchased the plane from the builder, who really did an impressive job with this aircraft. I will honor his passion and effort by making sure this plane is flown often and well in its happy new home.

Some background: I've been flying for 28 years. PPL, ASEL, instrument rated, 1,500 hours. About 1,000 of those hours are in turbo Mooneys, which I've been flying exclusively for the past 13 years. My long-distance traveling machine is a 2008 Mooney Acclaim Type S, and now I have the RV-8 for weekend fun. Took it up yesterday with an instructor and performed my first rolls. Wow! I couldn't be happier with my new bird!

Here's the RV-8:

N8812T%2020130531%200006-M.jpg

Here's the fleet:

N8812T%2020130531%200018-M.jpg

Congratulations and welcome!

I'm also a new RV owner, great little aircraft!

Welcome to VAF!

I'm now the proud owner of N8812T, a 2010 model. As such, this is my first posting on VAF, although I've been lurking here for a couple years.

Joe, welcome to the good ship VAF.

RV8, yummmmmm:D

Joe, Both planes are nice! One thing, you don't have nearly enough "stuff" in your hanger!!

What airport are you located at? I get into Denver quite often and I would love to stop by and say hello and look at both your planes!

My office is at centennial, though my project is a KBJC. I think I see a hanger gathering in your future. Welcome to VAF!

Back