What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Owner assisted condition inspection

JKyle153

I'm New Here
I am looking for an A&P in the northern Colorado area (KLMO) to help me with an owner assisted (non builder) condition inspection on an RV-6A. I bought the plane last year and am looking for someone with RV experience who wouldn't mind me "helping" in the process. Looking to learn...

Thanks in advance

@ LMO

I am based at KLMO also and fly a purchased 7A. I have been through 2 owner assisted condition inspections and can share some experience and maybe contacts as well. Also, given your occupation we may know some of the same people. PM or email me.

Craig

I sent you a PM. There is an A&P at Ft. Love that isn't necessarily an RV guy, but he has helped numerous of us with our RVs. He did my owner assisted condition inspection last fall.

Conditional inspection

I did this last November on a plane I bought. The guys at Hanger 1 on the field in Greeley helped me in just the way you want. $400.00 is the flat rate plus what needs repaired. They did what they said they would and I trust them. They fixed somethings and let me fix what I could. I took the squawk list, ordered replacement parts and they did a final check after I fixed the issues. And they know more about 6A's than before. I can fly you back to Longmont if you decide to have the work done over here at KGXY.
I pulled the seat frames, carpet, fairings, inpection ports, cowling, ect. You are welcome to work out of my hanger. I have the tools you'll need but no room to store your plane.

Last edited:
Back