Originally Posted by Cloudboy
I'm installing the aluminum bar stiffeners and have a couple questions for those of you smarter than I am with an engineering background (David Paule):
1. Does it matter if the Adel clamps are steel or aluminum?
2. Do the cushions have to be removed?
3. If so, why Gorilla tape rather than electrical tape or something else?
I just finished this project.
1. I bought two packages of padded clamps off Amazon. Cheap and stainless. Easy to cut to custom length and reshape. Seems like I posted something somewhere. Slept since then.
2. No way my gear leg fairings would fit over them with pads.
3. Gorilla is very tenacious stuff. No worries about slippage.
I also had to go with #10 screws and metal lock nuts. No room for standard bolts and lock nuts.
Estes Park, CO
E-mail: wirejock at yahoo dot com
Builder Blog: http://wirejockrv7a.blogspot.com
Donated 12/2022, plus a little extra.
RV-7A #73391, N511RV reserved
I cannot be, nor will I be, held responsible if you try to do the same things I do and it does not work and/or causes you loss, injury, or even death in the process.