-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:38 PM

I have returned my ADI Pilot II in my RV-4 twice in the last 18 months for repair and received a brand new replacement each time for zip, nada, zero cost. Great autopilot from a great company.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Trutrak Upgrade

The $250 charge is correct just for one type of upgrade. If you have a Pictorial Pilot + Altrak and you are trying to upgrade to a ADI Pilot II you will encounter that $250 extra charge. It was no mistake. The retail cost of the Pictorial Pilot is $2145 for 3 1/8 or $2095 for the 2 1/4 size. The Altrak retails for $1695. The total trade in credit is $3840 for the 3 1/8 PP or $3790 for the 2 1/4 PP. The new ADI PII retail for $3995 that means that for the difference of $155 or $205 you are adding basically an ADI. An ADI retail for $1095.
I personally think that $405 or $455 for the upgrade is not a bad deal after all.

Best
Alex De Dominicis
www.AviationTechProducts.com
Old 11-07-2007, 08:12 AM

Default On the subject

of the truetrac. I have a Digiflight II w/gpss and would it be worth it to upgrade to the one with vertical climb option. Not sure if that is the correct term. I have a manual trim setup in the 7 and possible future install of a 430 garmin unit.
XP IO360
Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Trutrak Upgrade

Quote:
I have a Digiflight II w/gpss and would it be worth it to upgrade to the one with vertical climb option. Not sure if that is the correct term. I have a manual trim setup in the 7 and possible future install of a 430 garmin unit.
I think you should wait untill you get the 430W. That way you can upgrade to the Digiflight DII VS GV and you will be able to fly the vertical portion of the GPS approach using the WAAS portion of your 430W.

Alex De Dominicis
Old 11-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
I think you should wait untill you get the 430W. That way you can upgrade to the Digiflight DII VS GV and you will be able to fly the vertical portion of the GPS approach using the WAAS portion of your 430W.

Alex De Dominicis
And if you like toys, this is just about as cool as it gets. I get a real thrill out of just managing the throttle all the way down the GPS approach .
RV-9A N4822C flying 2200+hrs. / Cedar Park, TX
RV8 Building - fuselage / showplanes canopy (Done!)
Old 11-07-2007, 04:37 PM

Before I ordered my VSG model I talked to someone at TT who told me I could send it in for an upgrade when I get all set up and ready for GPS approach (if I ever do). That way I save $500 up front. The TT guy told me that I will most likely have to send it in for a software revision by the time I start flying anyhow. I liked the idea of keeping the $500 in my bank account.

I emailed a question to them before I bought and a rep. called me less than 5 minutes after I hit send. I was sold right there.

Last edited by briand : 11-07-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 AM

This 430W is not a upgrade, it is what I'm installing in my panel at startup. So should I "upgrade" to the VS?
XP IO360
Old 11-08-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
This 430W is not a upgrade, it is what I'm installing in my panel at startup. So should I "upgrade" to the VS?
VSGV if you know your gonna use it.