-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:28 AM

One of the best, taken far too early. Blue skies, Joe.

RV-6 G-BZRV - Flown the nest.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:43 AM

Rest in peace joe you will be sadly missed my condolences to your family
Charlie Mifsud
Victoria Australia.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:55 AM

During the couple of years before I was officially hired, I would spend some time at the Van’s booth at Sun & Fun and OSH getting to know the “guys” and helping where I could. It was kind of an audition I suppose. That’s where I first met Joe. With his passion for flying RVs hangin’ out there for all to enjoy and his infectious positive attitude, we became friends very quickly. My most vivid of memories is of him sitting behind the counter at OSH in 2008. I remember the year because that was my first official OSH as an employee. As I walked into the tent my first day, he stood up, stuck out his hand and said, “Hi Mitch! I am sure glad you’re here.” Wow, I thought to myself. He must really think I’m going to be a help. Not so. He followed with “Now I’m not the new guy anymore.” I would later find out what that meant.

That was Joe. A straight up guy with never a cross word for anybody. The only time I ever heard him say a foul word was when talking about his cancer. Even then, he took the attitude that he and Trish were going to beat it. I never doubted it and if anyone could do it, it would be them. But obviously God has another plan for him and for that I am truly grateful.

We emailed a bunch in the last few months about the impending. Even with knowing the ultimate outcome, he accepted it without bitterness. Our final exchange was just before he entered hospice. I asked him that if he should make it to heaven before me, please be there to welcome me again when I show up. I’ll be the “new guy” once more.

His last line to me was “Love ya man.” We all love you Joe.

Now have some fun with your new set of wings. I bet they've got some wild form flying up there.

Last edited by MLock : 11-07-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Default Terrible loss

I never met him in person, but Joe was always helpful and friendly to me on the phone. Blue skies Joe
Picture log: http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/j...8tor215/RV-9A/
Old 11-07-2016, 01:45 PM

Default RIP Joe

He gave me a demo ride in the RV-14A and a factory tour about 13 months ago. What a great day that was for me. He was a class act all the way. I gave him a Boeing hat, but he insisted on making it a trade, not a gift. Today, I will wear the Van's hat in his memory.

I was looking forward to getting to know him better, but I will have to settle for looking him up at his new address.

RIP, Joe.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

As someone else so profoundly said..." There really are no words." Doesn't seem right that good people are taken from us way too soon.

Vic

Built RV-4, RV-6, 2-RV-10's, RV-7A, RV-8, Prescott Pusher, Kitfox Model II, Kitfox Speedster, Kitfox 7 Super Sport, Just Superstol, DAR, A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor, CFII-ASMEL/ASES
Kitplanes "Unairworthy" monthly feature
EAA Sport Aviation "Checkpoints" column
EAA Homebuilt Council Chair/member EAA BOD
Author "Pre-Buy Guide for Amateur-Built Aircraft"
www.Baselegaviation.com
Old 11-07-2016, 11:01 PM

Default RIP Joe

The flight I had with Joe around six years ago at Van's sealed the deal for me building an RV-7A. Joe was very congenial and professional in demonstrating the aircraft and giving me a chance to experience the flying qualities of the airplane. My condolences go out to his family in this very difficult time.

Frank

Old 11-07-2016, 11:50 PM

I was not fortunate enough to be called a friend of Joe's.
Our casual run-ins at Van's Sun n Fun booth were all I had.

It is hard to lose a friend. I lost one this very day to the same disease and i feel as sad as everyone here.

To Joe's friends, I say you were the lucky ones.

Blue Skies to Joe and my friend Gerald.
Gary Palinkas - Gman.... VAF #161
Venice, Fl
RV-6 "Sassy" Flying 400 hrs since Oct 2011
Lycoming 0-360 A1A, FP Sensenich Prop
SARL #19 .... Van's Calendar March 2015
Although exempt several ways, =VAF= Dues paid to support this awesome site/family
Old 11-18-2016, 05:34 PM

Default Rest In Peace Joe

I met Joe at the Copperstate fly-in back in 2014. He was a standup guy. He was speaking to some people inside the Van?s tent but made time to come out and speak with me and my wife about the RV14. I took this picture for my boss (who also knew Joe) to prove that I was there and met Joe. I am shocked to learn that only two years later he?d be gone. What a loss. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and those closest to him here on VAF.