- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Default Hoosier Hoedown IAC contest

I just returned from the "Hoosier Hoedown" IAC aerobatic contest in Kokomo IN. Thanks to the great folks at IAC local chapter 124 for putting on a fun safe weekend. There where 8 competitors using a verity of aircraft in the sportsman class this weekend. I was the only one there with an RV, but represented well. I was able to place 3rd over all and highest score with 180hp or less. If your interested in aerobatics, I would recommend coming to an IAC event near you. They are great fun and we can be competitive with our RVs.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 PM

Thumbs up upside down fun

Congratulations Dave, and always enjoy hearing RVs doing well in competition. Ron Schreck was flying Intermediate and judging at the East Coast Contest, and our super friend, RV supporter, and mentor Eric Sandifer was first in the Unlimited category flying a Pitts S1S. Only a few more contests for 2017 to go show what RVs can do.
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower AL
Old 09-10-2017, 06:40 PM

Glad you had a good time Dave.

Not to hijack the thread, but since Bill mentioned it, here's Ron and his RV-8 flying the Intermediate Known at Warrenton yesterday -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNKnD2N5sI
Old 09-11-2017, 04:34 AM

Wish I could say the weekend went well but I made an error on my second flight and finished 5th out of 7 in Intermediate. Next contest for me is in Farmville, VA on October 19-21. Hope some of you will join in.
My Formation Video
CAF B-25 - Airbase Arizona
VAF 2022 Donor
Old 09-11-2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty340 View Post
I just returned from the "Hoosier Hoedown" IAC aerobatic contest in Kokomo IN. Thanks to the great folks at IAC local chapter 124 for putting on a fun safe weekend. There where 8 competitors using a verity of aircraft in the sportsman class this weekend. I was the only one there with an RV, but represented well. I was able to place 3rd over all and highest score with 180hp or less. If your interested in aerobatics, I would recommend coming to an IAC event near you. They are great fun and we can be competitive with our RVs.
Dave,

Congratulations. I knew you had it in you. Your enthusiasm makes you a great representative of the RV pilot group and it helps that you can fly the c**p out of that airplane! Well done.
My Formation Video
VAF 2022 Donor
Old 09-11-2017, 05:51 AM

Thanks Ron. sorry to hear about your second flight. We had a guy in an extra fly a nearly perfect sequence backwards. I watched the vid of your Known and it is looking good!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:17 PM

Thanks for the contest posts. Ron, thanks for the inspiration! Im a 50 yr old guy just getting into acro, with hopes of participating in some IAC events in the future. Hope to join you all in the box sometime. Great to see some RVs out there doing so well.
http://www.mykitlog.com/MikeMike

2021 Donation gladly paid..

Last edited by Maxrate : 09-11-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxrate View Post
Thanks for the contest posts. Ron, thanks for the inspiration! Im a 50 yr old guy just getting into acro, with hopes of participating in some IAC events in the future. Hope to join you all in the box sometime. Great to see some RVs out there doing so well.

Mark,

Welcome to the circus! Hope you take advantage of the 6-month free IAC membership if you are not already a member. Just click on the IAC ad which is on the VAF home page (near bottom of left column of banners). If you PM your email address to me I'll make sure you get an invitation to join our IAC/RV Working Group on Yahoo. Just a bunch of like-minded RV pilots chatting about aerobatics. You are near IAC Chapter 25 in Houston so you are among good company. And if you are interested in some of the best aerobatic instruction in the world I can hook you up with Debby Rihn-Harvey. She is a 3-time US National Unlimited champ and her school is just a few miles from where you live. Now get busy on that RV!

Ron
My Formation Video
VAF 2022 Donor