Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-08-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
Ezwxbrief looks like WeatherSpork but better, is it a different product?
Yes, I was the co-founder of the WS app and have transferred the support of WS to the other co-founder. I am 100% focused on developing the EZWxBrief application and am no longer associated with the development of WS moving forward.

Last edited by scottd : 04-09-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:49 PM

Thumbs down my first impression

If you are a WeatherSpork user you will be disappointed to find that imagery has been removed which I will greatly miss. So in my opinion, WeatherSpork now is less useful. That function was one reason I had renewed for another year. Secondly, my first impression of EZWxBrief was not positive. I planned our trip to Florida and found the results less than useful to me. It does not work for me.
Granbury, Tx
http://bit.ly/2bnimsZ
Old 04-08-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock836 View Post
Interesting.. Sounds like a sailing weather/wind prediction service I used to subscribe to back when I was sailing. Predict Wind would pick best routing and timing when you told it you wanted to sail from point A to point B..
I just helped sail a boat from the USVI to Key West. Predict wind said not to go. We went anyway, predict wind was right!
Old 04-08-2021, 04:33 PM

Ugghh. I was a happy weatherspork user and now the app doesn’t open and just displays a white screen, both on android phone and ipad.
Waxhaw, NC
Based KEQY
Dues paid '20
Old 04-08-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A36Lee View Post
Ugghh. I was a happy weatherspork user and now the app doesn’t open and just displays a white screen, both on android phone and ipad.
I've always liked spork, we'll see how the new platform works out before I send em $$ to renew.
Not sure how the Safari/Ipad platform will behave when not at home with a fast internet. Even at home it seems a little sluggish.
I still run FF so the missing imagery is not an issue I'm concerned with.
Free trial: ezwxbrief.com

EXP Aircraft Services LLC
Specializing in RV Condition Inspections, Maintenance, Avionics Upgrades
Dynamic Prop Balancing, Pitot-Static Altmeter/Transponder Certification
FAA Certified Repair Station, AP/IA/FCC GROL, EAA Technical Counselor
Authorized Garmin G3X Dealer/Installer
RV7A built 2004, 1900+ hrs, New Titan IO-370, Bendix Mags
Website: ExpAircraft.com, Email: walt@expaircraft.com, Cell: 972-746-5154
Old 04-09-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylewis View Post
If you are a WeatherSpork user you will be disappointed to find that imagery has been removed which I will greatly miss. So in my opinion, WeatherSpork now is less useful. That function was one reason I had renewed for another year. Secondly, my first impression of EZWxBrief was not positive. I planned our trip to Florida and found the results less than useful to me. It does not work for me.
Hey Tom,

Thanks for taking a look at EZWxBrief...I'd be curious as to why your first impression was not positive? If you could send some of your thoughts to me at my support@ezwxbrief.com email, that would be great...I'm anxious to collect all of this feedback and put it to good use. Also, would love to set up a short Zoom session with you so I can gain a more personal understanding of those concerns. I have found this to be valuable with others. I'll be at SnF all next week, but certainly we can connect when I get back.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:42 AM

Scott,
I was an avid WS user but the new platform seems to fill the square. Still playing around with it at this point but so far so good. One thing I’d like to see is a way to loop the radar image on the map page. Yes the manual slider is there but I like to see the presentation in motion without moving the slider back and forth.
WAR EAGLE!

Last edited by Auburntsts : 04-09-2021 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:47 AM

Default I love it

I spent an hour or so yesterday watching the short how-to videos on the website.

I'll admit, I was at first a little confused on how to use the program. Part of the reason for this is that it presents some of the information in a format I have not seen before. For this reason, some aspects are not intuitive.

After watching the videos I really had an "aah- haa" moment! This is an amazing tool. This is especially true of you are planning a long cross-country flight.

I am planning a bucket list trip around the US next month. My biggest concern for this trip was weather analysis. I fly a lot of fairly long cross country flights, but all in the same 200 mile radius of where I live. I know the weather patterns and have 3 or 4 programs I use to wx brief.

However, I had no idea just how well my little system would work in all the various weather patterns I would be flying in every day for a month. I was quite concerned about this.

After spending a little time to review EzWxBrief I realized this was exactly the tool I needed. It gives you every piece of the weather puzzle in one comprehensive "all aviation" weather program. I don't need 3 or 4 different programs to get the full weather picture.

Also, flying a every day in different weather climate regions had me concerned about complacency. What if one of those days I simply forget to review all 3 or 4 of my separate briefing programs? What if I miss that one critical detail because the sky looks CAVU that morning? This program will allow consistency in my weather briefings which is very important to me.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
Scott,
I was an avid WS user but the new platform seems to fill the square. Still playing around with it at this point but so far so good. One thing I’d like to see is a way to loop the radar image on the map page. Yes the manual slider is there but I like to see the presentation in motion without moving the slider back and forth.
Thanks a bunch for that suggestion. There's a plan in place to allow for looping of the radar image...had it in place during beta test and it was getting a bit wonky on iOS devices, so I had to remove it. Once I get that issue solved, I'll add it back.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndwarrior View Post
This program will allow consistency in my weather briefings which is very important to me.
Wonderful to hear! Thanks.