What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mounting EFII fuel pump in QB fuselage

xblueh2o

Well Known Member
I got my Andair fuel valve mounted today and spent a little time looking at some future steps like mounting the fuel pump. I plan on mounting the pump on the left side forward bay up by the rudder pedals. Since I have a QB fuselage I don't have access to the false floor to install plate nuts. I was thinking about installing rivnuts to bolt the pump body down but wondered if there was a more elegant solution.
How did you do it?

General question. Talk to me about fuel flow transducers.
Who's transducer did you use? Where did you mount it? If you had to do it all over again what would you do differently?

mounted on the longeron

Many have used rivnuts to the floor successfully.

I wanted the pump further out of the way, so fabricated a plate with a "clamp" style bracket that attaches to the lower longeron. This orients the pump assembly parallel to the left side skin rather than flat on the floor.

This has worked well for me with ~300 hours on the airplane. Some details on this page and also here and elsewhere on my build log.

It's very secure, stronger than rivnuts in the floor, but a little harder to remove the entire assembly. If I were doing it again I'd use the same style mount, but add nut plates to allow removing the pump without removing the entire bracket.

-Greg

Back