- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 09-24-2019, 02:55 AM

Default Air-Tec Starters-Dick Waters

Way back in the early 90?s I reached the 90% done, 90% to go stage on my RV4 build project. I needed to purchase a Lycoming starter and alternator that were reasonably priced, lightweight and accessible. Being in FL I searched around and found an ad in an airboat magazine for Air Tec in Mims FL. I picked up the phone (yes, there were no iPhones back then) and called Dick Waters and in a few minutes my new Starter/Alt were on their way.
25 years later my RV4 still sports an AirTec starter alternator. Last week I purchased one for my RV6X that still has the amazing high quality, low price of previous models.

$250 bucks plus shipping is half the cost of a Skytech and easily equal or better quality.
Give Dick a call at 800-366-4746 or peruse his website http://www.airtecinc.us/aircraft.html

Highly recommended!
V/R
Smokey
Old 09-22-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyray View Post
Way back in the early 90?s I reached the 90% done, 90% to go stage on my RV4 build project. I needed to purchase a Lycoming starter and alternator that were reasonably priced, lightweight and accessible. Being in FL I searched around and found an ad in an airboat magazine for Air Tec in Mims FL. I picked up the phone (yes, there were no iPhones back then) and called Dick Waters and in a few minutes my new Starter/Alt were on their way.
25 years later my RV4 still sports an AirTec starter alternator. Last week I purchased one for my RV6X that still has the amazing high quality, low price of previous models.

$250 bucks plus shipping is half the cost of a Skytech and easily equal or better quality.
Give Dick a call at 800-366-4746 or peruse his website http://www.airtecinc.us/aircraft.html.
Highly recommended!
V/R
Smokey

Reviving an old thread. Seems like they have the solution I need. Called the number, but it says it is out of service. Anybody know if Air-Tec is still in business? Web site is still there…but only contact is the 800 number
Old 09-22-2021, 12:19 PM

He also built/sold engines. I bought an engine from him back in about 2010. I called about getting another engine about a year ago, and if I recall correctly, Dick Waters had passed away.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflyer View Post
He also built/sold engines. I bought an engine from him back in about 2010. I called about getting another engine about a year ago, and if I recall correctly, Dick Waters had passed away.
Thanks. That is too bad. Sounds like he had a pretty good reputation.