What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any use for plexiglass scrap?

Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
Cut the canopy this weekend and have a bunch of the leftover pieces. Has anyone found a use for any of this stuff or is it all trash?

thanks,
greg

eye shield

Makes a decent eye shield over a tool and also used for patterns such as antenna mounts so you can see through it and get it in the perfect position

testing.

I took mine and drilled it with a regular drill bit while it was cold (50F). It didn't break or crack.

Then I hit it on the concrete floor, still would not break.

It is really tuff stuff.

YMMV.

Kent

Good for practicing drilling and countersinking.

....and for practice in removing scratches, trying out "care products", etc! Don't throw it all away yet - you might be surprised....(of course, I am a pack rat!)

Paul

I guarantee you will not need it until the day after you through it away!

Last edited:
Plexiglass scraps

Before you throw them away use them to get smarter. How about tapping a piece to the windshield of your car and let it get bugged. Then you can play and try to clean it up!

scrap

Once you have around 500 lbs of plastic scrap, you can take it to any of the plastic distributors ie.. Laird, Farco, GE and they will give you between .03 and .08 cents per pound. Just my .073 cents worths.

bill whidden
RV-4
Orlando

Back